Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:53 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I kick myself for selling my Colt Anaconda in .45 Colt. ,,.
I could not enjoy the Colts. Had a Python and the recoil had that weird twist because of their reverse rifling. Been hugging the Rugers for around 35 years.

Single presses are fun in a Zen kinda way. Sit in the garage next to the tap, press a couple hundred rounds in the time it takes for 6 pints. Mind you do not confuse the tap handle for the Lee's handle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 04:56 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I kick myself for selling my Colt Anaconda in .45 Colt. You bout covered the Big 3 for US made revolvers methinks. Ruger is pure beef, Colt was a GREAT (notice I said 'was') balance of beef and ergos and SW is pure sweet handling ergo but forget about a steady diet of pure power. I use my SW's for competition and self defense, my Anaconda was a hunting and comp piece and my Black hawk in .45 Colt is for serious social work around the spread when I need old fashioned ....diplomacy...in a cowboy hat and jeans. I just picked up a nice 66 SW for comp, K frame .357. I can shoot it double action as well as my 1911 thanks to some slickin' up of the action, and I like being able to use +P .38's instead of mags. I don't give her a steady diet of mags but do use mag cases for certain comp loads. The extra case OAL seems to lend better accuracy with certain bullets, especially in 125 grain weights(jacketed and cast both). When milliseconds count, the .38 cases are my pick for speed on the reload though.
It is a miracle what just opening it up and cleaning out all the burs and shavings left inside at the time of manufacture will do. It is even better if you hone the parts per model specific instructions available in books and on the net. Lose the factory el cheapo grease and oils as well. Put some good stuff in it and she will be smooth as glass.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:59 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Here is the one I used for my Ruger SP101. Guess what guys? It worked! It is the same procedures as a GP100. Banana Fufu: Trigger job for your Ruger GP100

Last edited by 2RUGGED4YOU; 06-18-2010 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting