Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:12 PM

50 posts, read 162,505 times

Advertisements

I have always usually dies my roots in like every two months, a few months ago I went dark, from blonde, and then dyed it again my hair was falling out like crazy!! I was stupid dyes it again then I had to go to a dermatologist, and he gave me, a special shampoo, and some medicine to rub and stimulate my hair, my hair isnt falling out nearly as bad, probably the same it was before, the normal hair loss, needless to say I do need to do my roots, but have many reservations/concerns, that it will be start falling out again!!, any advice??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 12:07 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
I would be nervous too. Maybe go and have it done so it does not touch the scalp and use a different brand?

Old 11-30-2010, 06:11 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia Baby View Post
I have always usually dies my roots in like every two months, a few months ago I went dark, from blonde, and then dyed it again my hair was falling out like crazy!! I was stupid dyes it again then I had to go to a dermatologist, and he gave me, a special shampoo, and some medicine to rub and stimulate my hair, my hair isnt falling out nearly as bad, probably the same it was before, the normal hair loss, needless to say I do need to do my roots, but have many reservations/concerns, that it will be start falling out again!!, any advice??
Why dont you call the doctor you saw and ask ?
He/she is the only one who can give you safe,proper advice.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:52 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Definitely go back to your dermatologist to see if your scalp is ready for more chemicals to be poured on it.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:39 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
That sucks!

I just had my usually beautiful, long, black locks bleached out (FRIED!) and had a chocolate brown (or, what was SUPPOSED to be chocolate brown!) put over it. HUGE MISTAKE!!! My hair is mostly red, and it feels like straw! I hate it!!! I have an appointment to go back this weekend and get re-dyed back to my usual blue black. The hell of it is, I was there for 2 days, 5 hours each day for her to lighten my hair up. I'm no hairdresser, so I don't really know numbers, but she said it takes a long time to go from a #1 to a #12, and that she couldn't put a 50 on it, which is why she bleached it slowly??? Anyway, now MY hair is breaking off like crazy!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:45 AM

561 posts, read 1,513,014 times
In a similar vein, I had my hair salon-colored twice a dark auburn/brown, the first was demi-permanent, second the permanent--though both wash out. No damage to my hair and I liked the color, just not the upkeep. My hair is naturally curly and I keep it short, so easy and low maintenance--well, until I colored it.

I think my experiment is over and I don't mind returning to gray. Are there any quick fixes, salon or otherwise, to somewhat hide the new growth? Or do I need to hang in there until it's a cut-able length? I'm sitting on the fence as far as having it touched-up and/or recolored, or just getting by with hats and scarves.

I have a couple of functions to attend over the holidays and don't have much hair expertise. When the wind blows my hair, the gray against the dark makes me look like my hair is extremely thinned or I'm going bald.

Any suggestions???

Old 11-30-2010, 10:50 AM

Hey Ynot, my hairdresser has some powder stuff (not sure what the brand is) that you can use as touch up in between coloring appointments. That might be an option.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:18 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
That sucks!

I just had my usually beautiful, long, black locks bleached out (FRIED!) and had a chocolate brown (or, what was SUPPOSED to be chocolate brown!) put over it. HUGE MISTAKE!!! My hair is mostly red, and it feels like straw! I hate it!!! I have an appointment to go back this weekend and get re-dyed back to my usual blue black. The hell of it is, I was there for 2 days, 5 hours each day for her to lighten my hair up. I'm no hairdresser, so I don't really know numbers, but she said it takes a long time to go from a #1 to a #12, and that she couldn't put a 50 on it, which is why she bleached it slowly??? Anyway, now MY hair is breaking off like crazy!!!
Whaaaaaa.

Earlier this month I went from jet black hair to blonde hair in just 3 hours. Two 90-minute bleach sessions with level 40 volumizer. My hair came out smooth and soft - people couldn't believe that I had just bleached it twice in a row.

To your hairstylist's credit, I've never used a 50 on my hair, but I've heard horror stories.

As for your hair breaking off, I would definitely go back and complain. But complaining won't fix the hair breaking off. That can only be repaired (hopefully) by getting some dern good conditioner on it. For that, I recommend going over to Sally's and getting Ion Reconstructor. That stuff works wonders.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Whaaaaaa.

Earlier this month I went from jet black hair to blonde hair in just 3 hours. Two 90-minute bleach sessions with level 40 volumizer. My hair came out smooth and soft - people couldn't believe that I had just bleached it twice in a row.

To your hairstylist's credit, I've never used a 50 on my hair, but I've heard horror stories.

As for your hair breaking off, I would definitely go back and complain. But complaining won't fix the hair breaking off. That can only be repaired (hopefully) by getting some dern good conditioner on it. For that, I recommend going over to Sally's and getting Ion Reconstructor. That stuff works wonders.
Thanks - I'll go get some! Everybody is telling me to switch hairdressers, that she doesn't know what she's doing. I've been putting Moroccon Oil on my hair. She told me to put mayonaise and egg on my hair and when I made a face like this: she told me to come back and she'd do it for me. I can't help but think there's gotta be about a million products on the market for this very purpose, that probably smell a whole lot better than mayo and egg?!!!

Anyway, she's always made my hair the right shade of blue black. I'm afraid to go to anybody else because I'm afraid they might not get the shade exactly right. While she's not looking, should I swipe the boxes and tubes she uses and take them with me to another stylist the next time I need to be dyed? should I just go somewhere else now and try to get the chocolate brown I wanted? Trouble is, the back is still black, so that would require more bleaching. I look horrible! Ugh!!!

I just can't believe I allowed this to happen to me!

Old 11-30-2010, 02:44 PM

50 posts, read 162,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
That sucks!

Wow Im sorry that really sucks, I hope the best for your situation, It sure is hard being a woman, haha my hair is a lot healthier as well, and I agree that ion is really good!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care