Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 04:52 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,124,581 times

Advertisements

Anywhere on the peninsula that we can find all you can eat crab legs or great seafood? Sorry, but we don't want to travel to VB area but I am sure there are some great places to chow down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 12:12 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
Anywhere on the peninsula that we can find all you can eat crab legs or great seafood? Sorry, but we don't want to travel to VB area but I am sure there are some great places to chow down.
Capt Georges.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 AM

404 posts, read 1,147,827 times
The Chinese buffets like Red City have All You Can Eat Crab Legs during dinner time. This other place called Hibachi on Jefferson probably has Crab Legs too. They're usually around $16-20 per person.

Capt Georges in Williamsburg is decent if you want all seafood but it's a little pricey at $31 per person.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
I don't know if it is eat-in but there is Fisherman Seafood Market at the corner of Briarfield and Aberdeen in Hampton which was a usual stop for great fresh caught seafood in my younger days. I don't remember it being it eat-in but they had great crab.

Nearby Sam Rust may be a place to check out too. http://www.samrust.com/index.html

Also crab shack on the James.

http://www.crabshackonthejames.com/

Old 04-10-2012, 05:45 PM

I didn't care for the Captain Georges in Williamsburg- over priced and food not that great. I am not a huge buffet fan.
I have also tried Red City and same story. I will try Hibachi off of Jefferson.
And thank you Dissenter for your input.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:13 PM

404 posts, read 1,147,827 times
For seafood and crablegs it's either a buffet or an expensive seafood restaurant. Captn Georges gets mixed reviews but it's the only all seafood buffet.

For GREAT quality seafood on the Peninsula, go to Surf Rider in Hampton. I always like taking people there because it's off the beaten path on a hidden marina Hampton. The scenery is beautiful and the food is excellent. If there's a wait I dont usually mind, because it's always fun to walk around the docks, look at the boats, and enjoy the scenery. It's not cheap but you get your moneys worth.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 PM

I was reading about Surf Rider and think it would be a great treat.
We don't go out to eat a lot so wasting money and time on a fast food joint or something so-so is okay but we prefer a real treat so it makes going out to eat still fun and exciting.
Not to mention to take a family of 5 out to eat costs quite a bit these days. Sometimes it is the same amount of money that I spend for an entire week for groceries. So far, it still gets the kids excited when we say, "let's go out to eat." lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area