Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 01:42 PM

5 posts, read 21,456 times

Advertisements

My daughter and her boyfriend are moving from upstate NY and getting ready to sign a lease for Brookfield Apts. off Level Green road, near Regent University and some areas I believe are called College Park. My gut tells me this is a bad area. She will be alone much of the time, starting a new job as a semi-professional not making much money right now, and I am scared to death. She also looked at Talbot Park apartments but had a little bit of a hard time meeting requirements as she doesn't officially have the job yet (lots of jobs in her area). I'm thinking Talbot Park area is probably better (apartment complex right next to high school, so I do know about bus noise). Any thoughts would be appreciated. She is about to give notice Monday (3/17/08) and spend a lot of money getting to the Brookfield Apts. Thanks for your opinions. (ps, She and her boyfriend are quite socially progressive, and I'm getting the feeling this area is not.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 08:57 AM

5 posts, read 21,456 times
I believe now that this is the Level Green area (by Regent U). When looking at apartments on line, the neighborhoods like this are rarely mentioned. They are also not delineated on a map. Is there a better way to describe neighborhoods in which to search for apartments? Back to my original post, I haven't read much at all about Talbot Park, but it seems like a nice, cozy area. My daughter loves Ghent and Talbot Park is definitely closer to that, but she'll be working on N. Independence Boulevard in VB, and the boyfriend will be working on the beachfront, so probably the Level Green area (very uncharming) would be closer. I'm guessing the BF will be battling insane traffic to and from work - is there a way to get to the shore without traveling on 264? (I'll post elsewhere about possible low-cost state health insurance plans, yet another worry. It's hard when kids move so far away :-(. ) Thank you again for any insights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area