Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,688 times

Advertisements

Help!!

We are a military family moving to the area this summer (my hubby will be working at JFCOM near Harbourview and we are looking to buy in the NE Suffolk, West Chesapeake area (Dock Landing, etc.) and I am in search of a great preschool for my two children (son who is 2 and daughter is 4).

Most of what I've been able to find on the web are more like daycare facilities. St. Andrew's was recommended but they are full. I'd like something with an actual curriculum and would prefer a church preschool...Thanks so much - I'd appreciate any recommendations!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 03:17 PM

7 posts, read 26,677 times
Default I'm looking for a preschool too!

We are moving to Chesapeake this summer. I have a 4 year old and and 7 year old who will go to Chittum ES. We are looking for a house in the Dock Landing area. I also know of a Navy family that is moving this summer too. She went down last weekend and looked at preschools. Do you want to compare notes? I'm heading down this week, but they are on spring break. I want to go to the open house at Stonebridge school. Thanks! Connie

Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 AM

12 posts, read 47,952 times
We have sent our kids to Churchland Baptist Preschool and have LOVED it! Great people. Not far from JFCOM (5 minutes).

Old 03-27-2008, 11:13 AM

177 posts, read 654,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcolskiusmc View Post
Help!!

We are a military family moving to the area this summer (my hubby will be working at JFCOM near Harbourview and we are looking to buy in the NE Suffolk, West Chesapeake area (Dock Landing, etc.) and I am in search of a great preschool for my two children (son who is 2 and daughter is 4).

Most of what I've been able to find on the web are more like daycare facilities. St. Andrew's was recommended but they are full. I'd like something with an actual curriculum and would prefer a church preschool...Thanks so much - I'd appreciate any recommendations!!
You could check out SweetBriar...they are located in Ptown about 10 mins away from JFCOM. They right on Cedar Ln.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:19 AM

12 posts, read 47,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAllGood View Post
You could check out SweetBriar...they are located in Ptown about 10 mins away from JFCOM. They right on Cedar Ln.
MrAllGood, Do you mean Sweethaven?

Old 03-27-2008, 12:26 PM

177 posts, read 654,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSr View Post
MrAllGood, Do you mean Sweethaven?
Yes...I keep saying SweetBriar for whatever reason!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:34 AM

19 posts, read 84,105 times
My daughter went to Sweethaven (20 years ago), but the thing that I most appreciated was that they taught phonics, which is how I learned to read (many, many years ago). Although she went through school as an average student, she was always an excellent reader. Teaching phonics was out of vogue at the time, so most public schools had gotten away from it. I don't know how the schools are teaching reading these days, but be sure to inquire about the specifics of the curriculum at each place. Good Luck!

Old 11-14-2009, 01:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,953 times
I need an after daycare for my 6 year old that is going to chittum and an infant daycare for a 9mos old. Can you help me and suggest one? I am changing job and need to transfer my kids. Let me know. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: