Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 AM

69 posts, read 232,104 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a good hibachi place to have my fiance take me for our anniversary. We always go to Yukihana (in Yorktown) and want to try something different. Not Samurai on Jefferson either, that place was disgusting!! Please post up your recommendations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 07:06 AM

371 posts, read 1,190,954 times
My husband has been to the place in Hampton across from the new town center on Coliseum Drive. He said it was really good. We have been to Yukihana many times (down the street from us), and also the place on Jefferson which we found to be disgusting. There is a place on Warwick down near the Hilton Village (main street area) that I found to be pretty good. Much like Yukihana. Some friends have recommended the place in Oyster Point Town center. I'm sorry I dont know the name,but its the only Japanese place down there.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:10 AM

51 posts, read 149,169 times
the one in newport news city center

Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 AM

254 posts, read 1,207,540 times
I also recommend Hayashi grill at the Newport News city center. It's a great dinner show if you can get seats at one of the hibachi tables: http://www.hayashisushigrill.com/

I live close to the Yukihana in Yorktown, but I still haven't tried it yet.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:08 PM

361 posts, read 1,465,200 times
The one in Hilton area of NN is Nara of Japan; its been there for years, I think it was the first Hibachi place in the area. I havent been there in years, we usually go to Hayashi now

Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 AM

69 posts, read 232,104 times
thanks everyone, we will be trying hayashi.

yukihana has been our favorite (especially the one that was on denbigh that closed), but last time we went, we waited a very very long time and had a chef who BARELY spoke to us!! can you believe that, they shouldn't hire people like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area