Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 04:12 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,918,885 times

Advertisements

A family member asked me if I could find some schedules for the Clark's Ferry outside Harrisburg. I googled it but was unable to find schedules or anything that looked like an official site. Lots of history on it but no schedules. I was wondering if anybody could point me toward a link that could help or if they have used the Ferry. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 08:00 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,696,701 times
Is there actually a ferry there? I know there's one that runs from Ferryboat Campground across to Millersburg, but that's a bit further north.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 PM

I may be confused as I don't know much about it......I'm thinking she wants to use it for work purposes. I'll have to double check on that. I just put Harrisburg in there because it was semi close

EDIT: I guess they have a ferry trip that goes from 11&15 to Millersburg that's she's looking for information about. Sounds like the area you were thinking about Dawne.

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 08-18-2008 at 09:13 PM..

Old 08-19-2008, 07:25 AM

786 posts, read 1,595,134 times
Default You mean Millersburg Ferry?

There is no Clark's Ferry that I'm aware of except historically. There is a ferry that runs sporadically from Millersburg across to a campground south of Liverpool but it only runs when the river conditions are right, which isn't very often. There's no particular schedule at this point in the year, but you can get more information by goggling "Millersburg, PA Ferry"

Old 08-19-2008, 07:28 AM

Millersburg would definitely not be suitable for use for work purposes to the Harrisburg area. From what I understand it's a small ferry, no set schedule, and too far north to do any good.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Millersburg would definitely not be suitable for use for work purposes to the Harrisburg area. From what I understand it's a small ferry, no set schedule, and too far north to do any good.
I don't think she would be using it to go to the Harrisburg area.....I was stretching as I didn't have enough information and thought the ferry was down above Harrisburg. I personally have never heard of people utilizing a ferry down that way for traveling purposes but apparently she had heard people speak of it. Oh well will continue to look for more information. I'll post anything I find out.

EDIT: Found some info:

Daily Schedule: Saturday and Sunday from 1st weekend in May through October 9:00 a.m. until dusk. Weekdays from June 2nd to and including Labor Day 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Fares:
One-way "walk on passenger", $2.00
Autos, $6.00, (includes driver's fee)

The ferry connects the town of Millersburg with an adjacent landing in Perry County on Route 15 about 2 miles south of Liverpool.

Each ferry accommodates 4 vehicles and 50 passengers across the mile wide Susquehanna.

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 08-19-2008 at 10:59 AM..

Old 08-19-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Each ferry accommodates 4 vehicles and 50 passengers across the mile wide Susquehanna.
Gee, that's bigger than I thought it was. The paper ran an article on this several years ago but I don't remember much about it. I do know on the western side of the river it docks at Ferryboat Campground, right off 11/15 where if you turn the other way Route 34 takes you out to Newport.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Gee, that's bigger than I thought it was. The paper ran an article on this several years ago but I don't remember much about it. I do know on the western side of the river it docks at Ferryboat Campground, right off 11/15 where if you turn the other way Route 34 takes you out to Newport.
I'm thinking of going down and riding it in the next couple weeks for something different. Speaking to my mom she says our family would go down there swimming when I was a kid. Sounds like it would pretty neat to ride the ferry and check it out. I'll try to gather more information and post if I find anything else out about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area