Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 12:06 AM

5 posts, read 7,441 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to Hawaii for the first time. We want to know about Hawaii. What area is the safe best place to live? We are searching Non-Denominational Church in the area as well. What Island is the best place to live? What area has a moderate cost of living in Hawaii? If anyone knows a Pastor or honest person that lives in Hawaii and could provide us information we really do appreciate it. We really do appreciate your sincere help. Please email us: Borivickie@ yahoo.com May GOD bless you all!

Sincerly,
Nelson & Vickie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 12:18 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,056,268 times
Have you visited Hawaii before?

Many areas are safe and the best place to live depends on who's doing the choosing, usually. Some folks prefer one area over another since the islands have a whole lot of different areas, they aren't all the same at all.

Is the non-denominational church you are looking for of the christian variety of church? There are a whole lot of different types of churches around. Once you decide which island and which area you prefer, there will probably be a church nearby, too.

"Moderate cost of living" in Hawaii may not be the same as the "moderate cost of living" you are used to where ever you are now.

Will you require employment when you move over? That will have more of an influence on where you choose to live than almost anything else.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:44 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,234,490 times
Which island are you interested in? I saw your other post, saying you would be on SSI. Will you have other (substantial) forms of income?

The cost of living compared to Florida, which is where it looks like you live, will be extremely high. Definately not anything moderate. Check out rental listings on craigslist.org to get an idea of what average rents are on each island.

You might also check out other threads on this forum regarding the lack of doctors and hospitals on the outer islands.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:52 AM

5 posts, read 7,441 times
Smile Thanks for the replying my questions.

We are planning to move to Hawaii for the first time. We want to know about Hawaii. What area is the safe best place to live? We are searching Non-Denominational Church in the area as well. What Island is the best place to live? What area has a moderate cost of living in Hawaii? If anyone knows a Pastor or honest person that lives in Hawaii and could provide us information we really do appreciate it. We really do appreciate your sincere help. Please email us: Borivickie@ yahoo.com May GOD bless you all!

MAY GOD BLESS ALL & GOOD MORNING!

THANKS FOR REPLYING MY QUESTIONS. I'VE HAVE FORGOTTEN TO MENTION IN MY FIRST POST SOME INFORMATION. AND BESIDE THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'M USING THIS SITE. MY HUSBAND IS RETIRING SOON FROM THE STATE AND WE WANTED TO MOVE TO THAT AREA. WE DON'T HAVE CHILDREN. WE JUST A COUPLE THAT WANTS START LIVING IN A NEW ENVIRONMENT TO RELAX & GO TO CHURCH AND MET NICE FRIENDLY PEOPLE. I HAD SEARCH & READ IN IN THE INTERNET ABOUT HAWAII AND VOLCANIC REGION. WE WANT TO LIVE FARTHER APART FROM THE VOLCANIC REGION. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR INFORMATION. THANKS AGAIN - MUCHAS GRACIAS
MAY GOD BLESS ALL! - DIOS LOS BENDIGA A TODOS

SINCERLY,
VICKIE & NELSON

Old 02-25-2011, 01:41 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,603,821 times
Generally speaking, the Big Island and Kauai are cheaper than Maui and Oahu. The Big Island has the volcano but it does not threaten most of the island, but vog does affect all islands. If you have any breathing issues I would strongly recommend visiting to see how this affects you. There are several threads about specific islands on this board and I would also highly recommend buying a book about moving to Hawaii...there are far too many details to cover in a series of posts. Things like medical care, costs, cultural issues, pets, etc. It's a wonderful place but definitely not a place you want to move without visiting first. Best of luck.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:34 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,684,024 times
Vickie and Nelson, you asked if anyone "knows a Pastor or honest person that lives in Hawaii". Do you realize that 1,295,000 people live on the seven islands of the state? Surely there have to be some honest people there. You don't have to look for them on a forum.

It sounds like you've chosen Hawaii because you've read somewhere that the climate is nice. You are asking very, very broad questions that could be applied to any of the other 49 states. There are tons of previous discussions on this forum that answer many of your questions, so please take the time to read through those, then come back and ask more specific questions. Buy a book called "So You Want to Live in Hawaii". There's also another one called "Living and Retiring in Hawaii".

Old 02-26-2011, 01:08 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,056,268 times
Nope, unless they are a Pastor everyone else in the state is a lying cannibal. Or barbarian. Or pagan. Actually, it's probably the heathens (and I use this term precisely) whom they would have the most problems with, should they move over here. But, SSI doesn't go that far here and the medical system isn't that good, so it's not overly likely the heathens will be disturbed.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:37 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,464,547 times
Look at the top of this page. The second post is a Sticky, it's always there. City by City, island by island info. Read all those posts. They answer most general questions. Then use the Search function to bring up previous posts on specific topics of interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: