Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 03:42 PM

246 posts, read 650,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vox View Post
we just put on some Jack Johnson, and go with the flow.
I do too....

I've also found that when I listen to Bob Marley, every little thing is gonna be alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vox View Post
I love the quiet and peaceful life here.
The difference between your state of mind and others like Jonah HAS a lot to do with the fact that you are retired. For most others, the daily grind of traffic, work, raising kids, and the enormous costs associated to them leaves little time and energy to appreciate the beauty found in quietness and the slow pace of things.

Thats why I left Hawaii after 36 years. I will return, hopefully with strategic financial planning, when I retire.......

Old 09-24-2011, 05:08 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,608,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Comparing California to Hawaii makes Hawaii such an obvious winner. California is a rat race disguised in sunshine. The name of the state should be called "Suburbia". It's one big housing complex with malls. Nothing else...

I wouldn't say that for the East Coast or even Chicago. The American Dream is epitomized by California: Work, live, consume, repeat, and die.
Have you lived in California? Way to generalize the 3rd biggest state in the USA. Have you ever heard of Lake Tahoe? Mammoth Lakes? Mount Shasta? Pismo Beach? Santa Rosa? Monterey?

You're assuming that the entire state is the same as Ventura,LA,Orange,SD counties and the Bay Area when in fact there is some of the USA's most remote forests, and countless quaint little towns in the state. It all depends on where you live.

Yes, I agree that Hawai'i will win in many categories, but please don't whack it too far out of proportion. Every place has problems if you look for them.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
Have you lived in California? Way to generalize the 3rd biggest state in the USA. Have you ever heard of Lake Tahoe? Mammoth Lakes? Mount Shasta? Pismo Beach? Santa Rosa? Monterey?

You're assuming that the entire state is the same as Ventura,LA,Orange,SD counties and the Bay Area when in fact there is some of the USA's most remote forests, and countless quaint little towns in the state. It all depends on where you live.

Yes, I agree that Hawai'i will win in many categories, but please don't whack it too far out of proportion. Every place has problems if you look for them.
AND this is why comparing Cali and Hawaii is apples and oranges. Doesn't matter how many times you been to Waikiki..........................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii