Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 05:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,403 times

Advertisements

I just need to know if Hawaii is even close to what I had felt in a dream many years ago. This is what I dreamt: I was standing on the porch of the backyard of a house and it was raining. It was as if me and my family had just bought this house and it felt wonderful! I was thinking that after such a long time, we finally reached a place where we can very comfortably call "Home"!
Is it an earthquake zone? Please tell me in detail about your state? Is it a heaven on earth as I had felt in my dream? It might take me a couple of years but finally me and my family could come settle there!
Best Wishes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 01:23 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,603,439 times
There are earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, vog and the occasional stray tropical storm/hurricane. Not to mention bugs of all sizes (usually XL-XXXXL). Not many dreams have bugs in them.

Before moving anywhere, always visit. With a few rare exceptions, and I have traveled a lot, no place is ever the way you imagine it to be.

It's a beautiful place but it's not a permanent vacation. Unless you are retired with a stack of money, you'll have to earn a living like almost everyone else. We're not all on the beach sipping Mai Tais under palm trees all day.

Dream large.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:32 PM

7 posts, read 13,131 times
Default Learning about Hawaii

The best thing I can suggest is to read previous posts on this forum. There is a wealth of information for the investment of your time in reading and, hopefully, learning.

Kiiskeentum

Old 04-29-2011, 05:13 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,051,580 times
If it was raining, it must have been in Hilo.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:56 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,459,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
If it was raining, it must have been in Hilo.
If it didn't have enormous cockroaches, it must have been a dream.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:02 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,051,580 times
Are the Hilo roaches bigger than the ones up mountain? Elevation doesn't change cockroaches does it? Maybe he dreamed cockroaches and forgot to mention them. If there were cockaroaches, then we'd know it was a Hawaii dream.

Hilo generally seems to get the tsunami without the earthquake first, doesn't it? There's still earthquakes, though, but it seems like there are more tsunami than earthquakes.

He didn't say what part of Hawaii, though, I suppose it rains in more places than just Hilo.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:11 PM

19 posts, read 46,872 times
If you ever do consider a move, research is a must. You should probably read some of the other posts on this forum, and you must take into consider the positives AND negatives about moving to Hawaii and Hawaii itself. Some things you find may make you think twice. Try googling "So You Want to Live to Hawaii?"

Moving to Hawaii solely based off of a dream, pictures they see on the web, a movie, or the like, is never a good idea. There are many people that do do this, find Hawaii is not like what the envisioned, and end up moving back to the mainland not long after arriving. Coming to Hawaii expecting heaven on earth is a great way to place yourself within this category.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:07 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,072,827 times
Visit for a mont.
3 weeks seems to be a changing point when you go from, "WOW lets try that" to wanting to immerse yourself in the culture.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:17 PM

45 posts, read 130,404 times
Hey Jason,
Consider this, in 'my dreams' there was always this handsome man who would sweep me off my feet, do things I wanted with out even having to tell him. He was a romantic at heart, he knew what it was that I loved. I never got his name, or where he was from, but it was very exciting whenever it happened! MMMMMM delicious!

I love dreams! Especially exciting ones that go on for hours after you wake up and can stay in a somewhat dream state.

Now onto being fully awake and aware of life. Life is what you make it no matter where you are.
My advice, for what it is worth--Check out Hawaii on one of your vacations, spend some time going grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning between beach hopping and seeing the sites. If you are working full time or two jobs to make ends meet, then living in Hawaii may be for you, or it might not be. One thing for sure it is expensive and fun, but you have to try it to see if it suits you. Then you would have to have a job to make that dream come true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: