Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM

19 posts, read 46,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglenachos View Post
Well thank you for your opinion and excuse me for being a little racist but where I live its about 70 to 80 percent hispansics and ?et me tell you they have a bad attitude to anyone. I would actually want to be a minority in an asian populated area. The Hispanics here aren't educated in anyway and now its just westside vs eastside in Santa Barbara.

Also to anyone that thinks I am just an average kid that doesn't know what im talking about believe me I'm that 1%. I am very mature for my age because at least I know what I'm talking about. I know hawaii's not some big vacation. I actually want to be down at the bottom working all day because hawaii isn't just everyone relaxes on hammocks and surf all day. I just want to live somewhere nice...

Also sorry for that speech I'm not implying it at you but just a little more info on what i know.
Seriously man? If you feel that way and say stuff like that about about hispanics, I have a pretty good feeling that you're not going to like or fit in well with Hawai'i locals. Living as a caucasian in an Asian populated area in Hawaii is much different that doing the same thing on the mainland. I can definitely see someone like you developing negative attitudes towards locals, complaining about racism, ect.

I also find it very ironic that you claim your are in that "1% of mature teenagers." Because your posts certainly doesn't suggest you are. I suggest looking elsewhere to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:03 AM

3 posts, read 6,811 times
You wouldn't last long here, but be my guest. Perhaps I'm wrong, but the aloha spirit is weak in you. You need to show a little more respect and tolerance. This is a very diverse place, and not only that, but it is a very small place. You can "burn bridges" very quickly in Hawaii. Respect and humility get you a long way here. I'm not sensing it.

You listen to too much talk radio, Kid.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:11 AM

698 posts, read 1,509,732 times
If you can't handle Mexicans then you won't last in Hawaii. The attitude many Cal residents have towards the hispanics is very intolerant and hypocritical considering that all the people living in California have immigrant roots. If you can't handle hispanic culture I doubt Asian culture will suit you more.

I'd also wait till your 21. Not being able to go out to the bars and club could really hinder your social life.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:37 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Follow your dream

Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,455 times
Kids who go to such lengths to claim they are mature, usually aren't.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,926 times
GO FOR IT!
Now is the time to take risks and adventures.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:54 PM

15 posts, read 34,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
This troll again? A racist spoiled brat.
What? I've never posted anything before except this.

And I'm paying my way whole time so thanks for the love. But I'm not going to grow up in a town I hate I wanna go somewhere ill be proud of! And I LOVE the cultures and diversity of hawaii that's one reason I want to go. I just don't like the diversity where I live its not cuz I'm racist its just tired of same old same old you know?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
Kids who go to such lengths to claim they are mature, usually aren't.
Another reason to go!

Nothing matures a man than travel.

Why.... I remembered being dropped off by a bus from Narita Airport . It was there I stood in downtown Tokyo with two 50 pound duffel bags, one in hand and one on my back, containing everything I'd have with me. I had taken an offer over the phone. They offered me the job in 48 hours and I had to weeks to get my Gaijin ass out there. So, I'm standing there, no one met me and the only Japanese I know came from watching 'Shogun' on TV.

Or the time I pulled into Chicago with everything I owned in a uhaul trailer hooked to my 5 year old Chevy Chevette and a little over $400 in bank account and no job.

Gawd I wish I had done more of that!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post

Why.... I remembered being dropped off by a bus from Narita Airport . It was there I stood in downtown Tokyo with two 50 pound duffel bags, one in hand and one on my back, containing everything I'd have with me. I had taken an offer over the phone. They offered me the job in 48 hours and I had to weeks to get my Gaijin ass out there. So, I'm standing there, no one met me and the only Japanese I know came from watching 'Shogun' on TV.
Did I mention that all the signs were in Kanji?
You can't just take a book and translate that. How do you look up a character that looks like a rice paty with a cactus after it.
Ya Cant!
(It means exit. Hell, I didn't even know how to exit the subway!)
Oh, and a lot of the building don't have adresses. You have to tell the cab driver the major landmark and where it is in relation to that.

The business was near Yasikuni Jinja behind the Mitsubishi building.
They didnt tell me THAT in the interview.

And you guys are giving him a hard time about going to HAWAII!???

PLEASE

Old 05-03-2011, 03:02 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
Go east, not west. There's a whole continent right next to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: