Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:44 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,778,323 times

Advertisements

Drugs mean weed, but not things from the Pharmacy, which actually ARE drugs. Kind of like everything being a "war" except for war, itself, which is usually a "conflict".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 PM

820 posts, read 3,034,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill fantom View Post
Cool! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO used to keeping everything "questionable" well under wraps, so now I want to know, how are landlords with potheads that wont cause any trouble and pay rent on time?
Too wide a variety of possibilities to be able to give you an answer of Yea or Nay.

You will have to get to know your landlord to be able to judge if there is going to be a problem. I know one couple that rents a cottage upcountry, and their landlord is growing plants in a greenhouse. Well, obviously that landlord isn't going to have a problem. But my neighbor rents a cottage and NO WAY she'd allow pot smoking. It's just up to the individual.

But as related to the question - smoking is smoking. If your landlord says the rental is a NO Smoking rental, then you lighting up a joint or bong is certainly breaking the rules. It may not be that the landlord cares if you do smoke dope, but they probably will care that the smoke itself permeates the curtains and furniture.

Again, you'll have to feel this out. You might think you are just being upfront and honest, but if you decide to discuss this with a landlord, you are really deciding to involve them in illegal activity. Now they have to decide if they want to be involved.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:20 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,677,380 times
The law for landlords say they will not allow any illegal activity and tenant are not alowed to do anything that is illegal int he rental. LL's may be tolerant but I bet if the Police comes around or someone complains, they will use that law to evict you and claim they had no idea. They are not going to get into a hassel over something they should be prohibiting. That letting it slide attuitude will turn to 'how dare they do this in my place' the second it come public to the LL.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:24 AM

157 posts, read 266,740 times
Cook Rice Not Ice.

P.S. If I ever own property on Hawaii - I wouldn't care if you smoke pot (outside only) or eat as many shrooms as you please. But I would adhere to the Rice not Ice policy...
Attached Thumbnails
What are "DRUGS"?-ricenotice.png  

Old 05-29-2011, 04:18 AM

351 posts, read 586,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
The law for landlords say they will not allow any illegal activity and tenant are not alowed to do anything that is illegal int he rental. LL's may be tolerant but I bet if the Police comes around or someone complains, they will use that law to evict you and claim they had no idea. They are not going to get into a hassel over something they should be prohibiting. That letting it slide attuitude will turn to 'how dare they do this in my place' the second it come public to the LL.
As in most of your posts, you are totally right! I tried to rep you, but couldn't because I have to spread it around.

The property mgt. co. that I entered into a contract with was 5 years ago. I'm now 5 years older and wiser and nowadays I wouldn't have said what I did say 5 years ago.

I would have kept it to myself, since that 'letting it slide attitude' would've changed as you said it would've should there have been a problem.

The most important things that I'm looking for in a tenant, is a tenant that will keep the rental reasonably clean and maintained. The property mgt. co. that looks after the rental in Waikiki screens prospective tenants thoroughly, and makes regular on site inspections of the rental to make sure that the place is well maintained by the tenants.

They take the standard 10% fee off the rent, but it's so worth it since they handle all calls concerning maintenance rather than you as well as advertising for new tenants when the current ones leave, and making sure that the previous tenants left the rental in good condition before giving back the deposits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii