Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:24 AM

41 posts, read 109,433 times

Advertisements

The guy I sit next next to at work is planning visiting Hawaii this summer. Yesterday he told me he was going to bring me some Cuban cigars if he makes it past customs. I could only wish him the best of luck in finding them and sneeking them past customs. Does anyone else have any stories where some people just can't figure out that hawaii is part of America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 01:29 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,939 times
Search the New Mexico forums......where people ask if they need a passport to visit.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:53 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missingpattaya View Post
The guy I sit next next to at work is planning visiting Hawaii this summer. Yesterday he told me he was going to bring me some Cuban cigars if he makes it past customs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
Search the New Mexico forums......where people ask if they need a passport to visit.
Sounds like schools are bad everywhere!

Old 02-29-2012, 02:49 AM

124 posts, read 333,207 times
Once on our flight to Hawaii from Seattle... just when we were landing, there was this caucasian lady who called for the flight attendant and when he came she asked, "What's the time back in the US?" The attendant answered her, "Ma'am, we haven't left the US at all." People seated around her who heard the exchange laughed.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:55 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,574,655 times
Actually, if you really think about it, and have spent a hell of a lot more than two months here, Hawaii IS another country. Sure, the paperwork may indicate otherwise, but, at the heart of it, Hawaii is a state in name only... The Bigger Island, however, and at least to a select few, may as well be another planet..

Aloha from the Territories

Old 02-29-2012, 05:20 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Heh. You do have to fill out paperwork regarding bringing non-indigenous flora/fauna.
So maybe that confuses people.
Though...it really shouldn't.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,174,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahnessuh View Post
Once on our flight to Hawaii from Seattle... just when we were landing, there was this caucasian lady who called for the flight attendant and when he came she asked, "What's the time back in the US?" The attendant answered her, "Ma'am, we haven't left the US at all." People seated around her who heard the exchange laughed.
While somewhat funny it is not difficult to understand what the woman was trying to ask.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Actually, if you really think about it, and have spent a hell of a lot more than two months here, Hawaii IS another country. Sure, the paperwork may indicate otherwise, but, at the heart of it, Hawaii is a state in name only... The Bigger Island, however, and at least to a select few, may as well be another planet..

Aloha from the Territories

I lived in Hawaii for almost 5 years and never once got the feeling it was another country.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,754,953 times
I took some Cuban cigars on my carry on, from Mexico, into the U.S. They searched my bag looked at the cigars and sent me on my way

Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
I took some Cuban cigars on my carry on, from Mexico, into the U.S. They searched my bag looked at the cigars and sent me on my way

I get them mail order without any questions. However, you are not going to find a place to buy them in Hawaii nor do you have customs on domestic flights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii