Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:53 AM

142 posts, read 287,828 times

Advertisements

These look like the proofs that Experian (or any other credit bureau) might need:

Complete current and previous mailing addresses (for a two-year period). If you have moved within the past six months, you may be asked to send Experian two documents, such as copies of a utility bill, driver's license, insurance statement or bank statement, that show your name and current address to verify your identity. A mailing address will be provided.

Check Credit Report at Experian.com

I think everyone will at least have a bank statement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 PM

219 posts, read 497,368 times
Yes, Experian and Transunion are fine. My problem is with Equifax. Same folks that didn't update my divorce or address for 4 years. We just don't get along. I need the address straight because most rentals want to do a credit check, I want to finance a car in the future - my island beater isn't going to last years, more like months, my employer ran one, etc. What they have done is ping my file as a security risk, that's why the address thing has been a problem. I have yet to pick up my HI license the office hours are pretty much the same as my work hours so I haven't had time to sit for the exam and get it. I didn't get anywhere on the phone so I'm hoping to prepare a letter with copies of several things I do have with the HI address on them like the others accept and mail it in. Maybe I just got a bad rep on the phone.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:55 AM

941 posts, read 1,967,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I used to include electricity [...] it was easier to have the tenants write one check. When electricity got out of hand I renegotiated the lease that the tenant was responsible for electric.
My experience exactly. When a new tenant came it that wanted electric included even for a higher rate (corporate tenant), I had to take the window A/C out of the unit. Your average tenant will waste electricity, especially the newly arrived mainlander since they're not used to Hawaii prices--unless you pass the bill on to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii