Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:32 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,785,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
That is hardly unique to Hawaii - unfortunately.
u·nique
adj.
1. Being the only one of its kind: the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting.
2. Without an equal or equivalent; unparalleled.
a. Characteristic of a particular category, condition, or locality: a problem unique to coastal areas.
*b. *Unusual; extraordinary: spoke with a unique accent.

*being the definition used to define Hawaii and its culture.

As for rooster fighting? I have lived in 5 different states(not counting Hawai'i ) And haven't encountered it. If i wasn't unique then you could approach the shaddy guy on the street corner to get a location of a fight to bet on or you could or would see it in broad daylight like what Mcfrosty said.

But that isn't the point, you know you may want to start a thread asking if Hawaii is really different culturally from the Mainland. But i suspect you know the answer. Would be a gd tread.

Ok back on topic

@Mcfrosty mahalo for your post.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:39 AM

12,120 posts, read 18,001,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post

But that isn't the point, you know you may want to start a thread asking if Hawaii is really different culturally from the Mainland. But i suspect you know the answer.
Why would I need a thread. I already know the answer. I live here. You, do not. I live in the present and not the past that no longer exists. I choose to not be stuck in a time warp and youtube videos.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 AM

So you provided evidence of 5 states viper(not including Hawai'i) There are 52 states viper.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:03 PM

@whtviper1

For the sake of argument, your position that Hawai'i isn't unique culturally from the rest of the country is so general its like saying "Crime in Hawai'i isn't unique" Of course Hawaii like anywhere would have its criminal activity. Being more clear on what your argument is would be helpful. Like "Yes Hawai'i is unique in crime because more thiefs happen then murders or violent crimes then on the mainland". Or In my case "Hawai'is culture is rare or unique to The states because of the majority of the population is Asian, Native Hawaiian."

But like i said none of this has anything to do with the topic of the thread. Maybe you can make clear what is the issue Whtviper1?

Old 10-07-2013, 12:22 PM

12,120 posts, read 18,001,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
So you provided evidence of 5 states viper(not including Hawai'i) There are 52 states viper.
Wow - just wow.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Why would I need a thread. I already know the answer. I live here. You, do not. I live in the present and not the past that no longer exists. I choose to not be stuck in a time warp and youtube videos.
No i lived there too and was born there, and yes you live there and take up space. your about as part of Hawai'i as the invading foreign frogs are. Maybe with your gated comunitty and your corporate job you can avoid the realities that Hawai'i is different culturally. Even though alot of local people have said otherwise. I think its you who is in denial.

Hmmm i lived there for almost 13 years Whtviper1, how long have you? I have extended family there, roots. What about you? So please stop treating me like a haole.

I hate to say this because its so unaloha but you asked for it. Im going to tell you what the issue with Whtviper1 is. The issue isn't my threads or the content etc. Its that viper wants to be the bigshot, or big mook. Without doing the work.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:46 PM

136 posts, read 331,189 times
Quote:
I'm not sure why people think there is some unique culture culture in Hawaii - maybe 20+ years ago, but certainly not in modern times. It is odd people think things are so different in Hawaii in the 2010's
So you think Boston, New Orleans, San Francisco, Honolulu, etc. all have the same culture? Everywhere in the country is culturally the same? I disagree. Of course those cities have many things in common. But there are also unique things about each city. I've met people who've traveled throughout the country who say that Hawaii is the one state that feels like you are in a different country. But you still think Hawaii is the same as everywhere else?

Old 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM

Instead of starting his own threads, he likes to attack other people from Hawaii or people who love Hawaii. Then pretend to be helpful to others who are not from CDF. He downplays and makes mockery of locals and local culture but wants the privilege of being local "i live on hawai'i you don't" (vipers quote) Another words he is superior to everyone because everyone else has to do the work of building roots, learning "the customs etc" or in this case start threads and he dosnt. Enough said.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-07-2013 at 01:13 PM..

Old 10-07-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny08 View Post
So you think Boston, New Orleans, San Francisco, Honolulu, etc. all have the same culture? Everywhere in the country is culturally the same? I disagree. Of course those cities have many things in common. But there are also unique things about each city. I've met people who've traveled throughout the country who say that Hawaii is the one state that feels like you are in a different country. But you still think Hawaii is the same as everywhere else?
Don't sweat it bruddah, we could have a hundred people say that Hawai'i is different, and it wouldn't make a difference to whtviper1. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii