Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 02:27 PM

12,120 posts, read 18,001,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
But what you forget is its not your job to point that out to others who you disagree with. Its your job to report it. Thats why we have mods. If something is out of subject for the local forum, the mods will close it of move it. Ive seen it happen. Further, if cdf was just about moving, local city issues as you say? Then why have a political forum or relationship forum or etc. What even baffles me more is how you selectively inforce this, how local hawai'i folklore or culture doesnt fit in your personal ideal of city issues or relevant issues but, The white ducks of Kailua, Zoe the Zebra, What is this bug on my Lanai?,
Wild Goats and Donkeys by Kona, Hawaii Snails are your
Everything I post actually exists - and dead ducks and wild goats - zebras - bugs - snails, are all local city issues and things people moving here would encounter.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:40 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,785,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Everything I post actually exists - and dead ducks and wild goats - zebras - bugs - snails, are all local city issues and things people moving here would encounter.
But not pidgin or hula or local culture? Hawai'i doesnt celebrate obon festival or Halloween or Ppl no talkstory? Beliefs in obake is big where you live in Honolulu. There are triving tourist companies that do historical and ghost tours right there in Honolulu! But i guess im making that up too? And its not real and something ppl don't want or encounter. .

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-10-2013 at 02:57 PM..

Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 PM

@whtviper1

You see how your ego is your downfall, none of us are uniquely special. In this day and age every piece of information we post about costs, culture, history etc of Hawai'i can be found on the internet if you know where to look. Thats the key! knowing where to look and what to look for is about the only thing that can determine who has experience or knowledge in a subject.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:41 PM

5,531 posts, read 12,715,643 times
Quote:
@whtviper1

You see how your ego is your downfall, none of us are uniquely special. In this day and age every piece of information we post about costs, culture, history etc of Hawai'i can be found on the internet if you know where to look. Thats the key! knowing where to look and what to look for is about the only thing that can determine who has experience or knowledge in a subject.
I think that your heart is in the right place, but so many of your posts contradict themselves.

Case in point is the post that I quoted. Not sure what you are trying to say. If all of the information that "we" (including you) post can already be found on the Internet like you say, then why do you keep posting so much stuff?

I don't agree that every piece of information can already be found. Someone moving to a particular place may have specific questions that can best be answered by someone who currently lives in that place, although all of us have varying personal perspectives.

I understand (I think) about your desire to share your love for Hawaii, although many of your long ago experiences may not exist in today's world.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:48 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,277,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
That is because I don't think it is any different. So I have nothing to admit.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

So there's no "detectable difference" between dating a Vietnamese woman in Hawaiʻi and dating a Piilipino woman in San Francisco? That's like saying there no "detectable difference" between phở and pancit -- both are noodle dishes, but they are quite different to the discerning palate.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:04 PM

Jonah, instead of being so cryptic, what do you feel is so different about Caucasian men dating Asians in Honolulu versus San Francisco.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:06 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,277,660 times
Quote:
And don't even say it! that hawaiian culture isnt relevant when you use hawaiian culture everyday at your job at Hawaiian Airlines(not disclosing personal info because you have postted this fact both on your bio and publicly on this forum"
According to my buddy Keoni who left an executive position at Hawaiian Airlines in June after working for them for 25 years, "the only thing that's 'Hawaiian' about Hawaiian Airlines is its name."

Old 10-10-2013, 05:10 PM

@Jonah K Reminds me of the saying can't see the awsomeness of the forrest because of the ugliness of a few of its trees. Do you agree?

Old 10-10-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
According to my buddy Keoni who left an executive position at Hawaiian Airlines in June after working for them for 25 years, "the only thing that's 'Hawaiian' about Hawaiian Airlines is its name."
Ya your right lol,

Old 10-10-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
If you have some suggestions I'm happy to consider them or pass them along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii