Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 12:03 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Is this relentless harrassment for 3 days now necessary? Remember im not the guest on someone elses threads.

What is it with people, why do we always have to take? If you have paradise, someone else wants it. You do the work to build something, someone else wants it without earning it. If your peaceful and have joy and aloha, someone else wants to take that to because they don't have it themselves.
Got it, but you cannot dictate what other's responses should be.

That's why I do not rely on anyone to bring me joy or nirvana. It's all internal.

I'm out.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:04 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,763,349 times
I have a different thread that deals with obake stories. Remember ghost stories.

In 1950s there was a roadcrew working on a roadway by Schofield Barracks, in central O'ahu.

While grading a road behind the base the crew ran across a huge rock raising in the middle of the path where the road was to be. Bulldozers were brought up to move the rock, but foundout the base was to deep and wide to budge. They even tried connecting big strong chains to the rock and having bulldozers pull it out of the way, but the chains snapped. Having wasted almost a day of work, the crew's engineer decided they would have to get some explosives and blow the huge stone up so they can continue to work on the new road. As the crew left the worksite to get the explosives and comeback. They found the huge rock was gone from the spot where it was and now lay on the side of where the road was to be built. There was drag marks on the ground.

Hawai'ian spirituality believes that everything has a spirit, Could it be that even stones have

Old 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM

Vipers response:[quote=hawaiian by heart;31693272] Could it be that even stones have life?[/QUOTE

Nope.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:06 PM

Aloha

In 1954 four classmates from Farrington high were walking at night at Sandy Beach. One of the boys startted lagging behind as they walked to there campground south of the beach. Suddenly, hearing a scream from the boy who lagged behind, the group turned around to see a terrifying sight. There friend was floating towards the ocean like he was being carried. As the group ran to help there friend a big wave struck the boy. Struggling out of the water screaming, the friend said "where is that wahine?" "I will kill her". What wahine?, the friends asked, you were floating to the water, we saw no wahine. The dazed boy explained that this Hawai'ian wahine came out of the ocean, hit me in the head and was taking me to the ocean. Once again the friends said there was nobody. To this day the boy sticks to his story.

Sometimes a calling ghost dosnt wait for a response. To this day locals are careful walking at night at Sandy Beach.

Feel free to post your favorite chicken skin stories. Mahalo.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:17 PM

Vipers response right after i postted.Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1
No, another thing posted that isn't true.

Hey viper you do know what "Hawai'i Chik'n' Skin Obake talkstories are? If not its ok, it goose bump ghost stories ok?

Further you have expressed your opinion and dislike 3 times already about my topic. Got the message. If you continue i will take it as harassment and bulling yah? Have good day.

Just the kind of stuff i deal with on a almost daily bases. It was ghost stories for christ sakes! This is the Hawai'i export who don't even know simple basic folklore. These stories are current and generations old. Same thing with local culture. Its the same now as 50 years ago. I can appreciate someone not knowing everything, i don't. I learn from you guys everyday. But someone who wants to be the subject control person on this forum this is scary.

Enough said, im off to go get my aloha back.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:19 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,932,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
It was ghost stories for christ sakes!
You did understand when joining "city data" that this is a moving, relocation, and local city issues forum, didn't you?

For instance, solar power and the cost of electricity - that seems to fit moving (increased costs for someone moving) and local city issue (high use of wages to pay for fossil fuel)

Old 10-10-2013, 01:24 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,265,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny08 View Post
Of course not all Asian women are the same. But the point is that there is a difference between stereotypical Asian culture (e.g. being submissive) and stereotypical western culture. And there are general differences between an Asian immigrant who is a first generation immigrant (less Americanized) and one who is third generation or more (more Americanized)
Actually, the point that whtviper1 was trying to make is that there are no "detectable differences" when it comes to dating "Asian women" in Hawaiʻi vis-à-vis "Asian women" in San Francisco. While he acknowledges that dating "Asian women" in Japan and Singapore is different from dating "Asian women" in Hawaiʻi, he doesn't want to admit that dating "Asian women" in Hawaiʻi is different from dating "Asian women" in San Francisco.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:55 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,932,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
he doesn't want to admit that dating "Asian women" in Hawaiʻi is different from dating "Asian women" in San Francisco.
That is because I don't think it is any different. So I have nothing to admit.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
You did understand when joining "city data" that this is a moving, relocation, and local city issues forum, didn't you?

For instance, solar power and the cost of electricity - that seems to fit moving (increased costs for someone moving) and local city issue (high use of wages to pay for fossil fuel)
But what you forget is its not your job to point that out to others who you disagree with. Its your job to report it. Thats why we have mods. If something is out of subject for the local forum, the mods will close it of move it. Ive seen it happen. Further, if cdf was just about moving, local city issues as you say? Then why have a political forum or relationship forum or etc. What even baffles me more is how you selectively inforce this, how local hawai'i folklore or culture doesnt fit in your personal ideal of city issues or relevant issues but, The white ducks of Kailua, Zoe the Zebra, What is this bug on my Lanai?,
Wild Goats and Donkeys by Kona, Hawaii Snails are your

Old 10-10-2013, 02:20 PM

Threads, but i guess they are relivent to moving or local city issues how?

You know what i think? I think your just full of it.

And don't even say it! that hawaiian culture isnt relevant when you use hawaiian culture everyday at your job at Hawaiian Airlines(not disclosing personal info because you have postted this fact both on your bio and publicly on this forum"

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-10-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii