Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:26 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times

Advertisements

Stickers can be removed cleanly and safely with the application of heat. Try a hair dryer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 08:31 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,022,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
My rusted out Valiant had the trusty slant six, I swear, you could do just about anything to that motor and not hurt it. I knew I was low on oil when making a turn, the engine would start to knock just a little, kind of the Plymoth version of an oil pressure gauge. It was one of those cars that you could leave running, keys in it, in front of the Maui Correctional Center, (that being MCC the county jail, not to be confused with MCC the community college, well, sort of not anyways), during a massive prison escape, gaurens the convicts would run right past it. It was stolen once, when I was living at the Outrigger Hotel on Keawakapu Beach and tending bar at the restaurant, walking down to the Bar to go to work, I noticed that the trusty Valiant wasn't in the lot, kind of thought, "Oh well"........few days later.........IT'S BACK!!!!!.Some thieves just don't know quality when they steal it........I finally gave it away after buying an E250 Ford van. After a very short period of time, the auto tranny went out on the van, fortunately the fellow I had given the Valiant to let me borrow it while my Van was being repaired. Of course, the slant six, a truly legendary engine that was virtually bullet proof, was discontinued, but, for Maui, and the time, I couldn't have had a better car. The Lotus does have a soft top, I've never put it on, just the hard top so I can run the AC, which does work.............sort of......

Aloha and okolemaluna
Had a MGB that was always getting the radio "stolen" out of it. They'd reach in and pull out the radio, then look to see it was a Radio Shack whatever radio and then toss it back on the seat. Guess the car was too small for them to get in and look at the radio before taking it out of the dash. No big worries, I'd wired it in with extra wire so it wouldn't usually even be unwired. Just push all the wires back and push the unit back into the hole and it was as good as new.

Did you ever find out who borrowed your Valiant for awhile? Sure it wasn't too many rum drinks while you were inside? Sometimes cars can hide if you apply too much rum to the drivers.

We have a Dodge Van version of a Valiant at the moment. Ratty but runs good, even gets semi-decent gas mileage but not anything we ever worry about anyone stealing. We almost sold it for $300 awhile back but when the prospective buyer found out we were going to keep the radio, they declined to buy the van. It's not even that nice of a radio, either! Oh wellos!

How come Elsie can't have her air conditioner on with a soft top? Is that the same as driving around in a convertible with the top down and the back windows still up?

Old 10-10-2011, 12:09 AM

1 posts, read 765 times
Default Wanting safety check sticker

Aloha!

Been stuck on da mainland two years now. Shipped my car ova got into wreck and now shes gone. And I really miss my safety check sticker... I still have my plates I put on but it not da same without da safety check sticka. If anyone get one old one or new, What Eva. would much appreciate the aloha. I would pay you for postage and how much.

Mahalo nui. Pele bless you
-Meaaloha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii