Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:18 AM

5 posts, read 20,236 times

Advertisements

I've just been told the safety inspection stick in HI is placed on the bumper?? I have a vette and concerned about this sticker on the bumper. It doesn't bother me about a sticker on the bumper but am concerned about the inspector "slashing" the sticker to prevent people stealing it? Also, when removing the sticker, doesn't it scratch up your bumper? I know this is kind of petty subject, however, hate to have to get my bumper repainted on a 46K car when I move back to the mainland in 3 yrs. Can someone provide me some feedback? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 12:16 PM

9 posts, read 57,789 times
Bring a beater instead.
We always had old Toyota 4x4s over there which worked out great...

Old 01-09-2008, 12:25 PM

1,178 posts, read 5,944,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebullet View Post
It doesn't bother me about a sticker on the bumper but am concerned about the inspector "slashing" the sticker to prevent people stealing it? Also, when removing the sticker, doesn't it scratch up your bumper? Can someone provide me some feedback? Thanks!
I've never had an inspector "slash" the sticker, and they aren't removed. The new one just goes over the old.

Hank

Old 01-09-2008, 12:37 PM

216 posts, read 1,185,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebullet View Post
I've just been told the safety inspection stick in HI is placed on the bumper?? I have a vette and concerned about this sticker on the bumper. It doesn't bother me about a sticker on the bumper but am concerned about the inspector "slashing" the sticker to prevent people stealing it? Also, when removing the sticker, doesn't it scratch up your bumper? I know this is kind of petty subject, however, hate to have to get my bumper repainted on a 46K car when I move back to the mainland in 3 yrs. Can someone provide me some feedback? Thanks!
I always slash my own because I have had one taken off of my car. However, since I have never taken a car back to the mainland, I have never looked at what it looks like underneath those stickers.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:44 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,576,023 times
I have an "extension" piece to the right hand side of the rear license plate, it's metal, the car isn't, and the safety sticker is stuck on there. It's not a Corvette, a bit lighter and a lot faster, and folks will try to peel off your safety sticker and your registation sticker, has happened to me numerous times.

Aloha

Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 PM

37 posts, read 201,125 times
Aloha,Jungjohann!
I am wondering if it's OK by the police to make an extension like that or something different to display the decal.It's silly but being forced to put a sticker on the bumper would upset me.Not only I have a nice car,but it's like walking with a tag on your clothes.
Can you be more specific how to make it?(picture would be nice).
StillHope

Old 01-10-2008, 09:53 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,576,023 times
The extension is part of the license plate bracket, just a few inches of extra metal to the right of the rear plate. Never had a problem with the cops here on Maui about it, I don't think it makes any difference as to where the safety sticker is on the okole of your car, it just has to be current and visible. My cars an Elise, gets too much attention as it is.

Aloha and okolemaluna

Old 01-11-2008, 01:18 AM

37 posts, read 201,125 times
Thank you,Jungjohann!
You are very resourceful.And your car is amazing! But you need a full time security guard to park it in public places!

Old 01-11-2008, 09:23 AM

115 posts, read 471,662 times
They have a clear protective coating from 3M it's like vinyl sticker material but won't mess up the paint when pulled off, you can get a small piece and apply it first to the bumper and then put the safety sticker over the top.

Just a thought

Old 10-23-2008, 05:59 AM

1 posts, read 8,904 times
Smile does anybody know where i can get this "extension piece"

does anybody know where i would be able to get an "Extension Piece" for my safety sticker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
I have an "extension" piece to the right hand side of the rear license plate, it's metal, the car isn't, and the safety sticker is stuck on there. It's not a Corvette, a bit lighter and a lot faster, and folks will try to peel off your safety sticker and your registation sticker, has happened to me numerous times.

Aloha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii