Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 03:01 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,144,519 times

Advertisements

I have had checking account, car loan and credit card with FHB. I also have accounts with American Savings and Central Pacific Bank.

The only issue I have with FHB is its credit card. Whenever I call the hotline on the back of the credit card and need to speak to a representative, I need to hold for 20, 30, 40,...minutes and still cannot access anyone.

I carry many other credit cards. Whenever I call their hotlines and need to talk to somebody, usually I can access their representatives within five minutes at most.

I just wonder what happens if I lose the credit card issued by FHB when I travel in a foreign country? How long will it take for me to talk with anyone from FHB to report loss?

So now I just use the card to autopay my phone bill to keep the account active. But I take it out from my wallet just in case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 03:09 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post

I just wonder what happens if I lose the credit card issued by FHB when I travel in a foreign country? How long will it take for me to talk with anyone from FHB to report loss?
Even if you can't reach a representative you will not be liable for any charges.

Regardless - set up an online account if you haven't done so already then you can always send them a secure message online.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:20 PM

306 posts, read 336,433 times
There mobile banking hasn't worked for me. I've got an online account that I set up, but when I put in my user name and password on the app for my phone, it just says "A system error occured. Try again or come back later". It did this three weeks ago, and this past Saturday when I tried again.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:12 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Happy View Post
There mobile banking hasn't worked for me. I've got an online account that I set up, but when I put in my user name and password on the app for my phone, it just says "A system error occured. Try again or come back later". It did this three weeks ago, and this past Saturday when I tried again.
I'd -

delete the app and reinstall

or

use the web version

Old 07-04-2016, 02:34 PM

361 posts, read 398,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Happy View Post
I recently just opened a totally free checking account with First Hawaiian Bank as I'll be moving to Kauai soon, and saw that they had a branch in Kapaa. Has anyone had any experience with them? I've looked at reviews and it seems that there has been a decent amount of people who have had miserable experiences with them. Can you compare them at all to Central Pacific or Bank of Hawaii? I'll be using FHB for the most basic of services but I also don't want to be severely inconvenienced by something that I could change easily.

Thanks!

Jake
I will be candid and state that First Hawaiian Bank service and most of the employees I've dealt with were crap.

I closed my checking and savings account with them long long time ago and went with another local bank (back then, since I no longer live in Hawaii) for my banking services.

In addition, their bank clerks must have IQ the level at or below room temperature.

My mother wrote out a check to a business with a certain date, where bank checks cannot be accepted and processed until that date. Well, guess what? The business that we wrote the check to deposited the bank check to FHB two days EARLIER than the date that my mother wrote on her former FHB check, and the dumb FHB clerk must have accepted that check.

My mother and I were infuriated, so we went to that particular FHB branch.

Stupid manager kept trying to twist the rationale of our complaint. Then I told her, "look, you guys are not supposed to accept bank checks until the day of the date that's written at the top of the bank check." I think I spoke slow with simple English language, as then she understood what I was telling her, and then she said that this kind of stuff will not happen again.

But there you go with my bad/sh-tty experience with FHB.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:50 PM

1,178 posts, read 5,942,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAndRain808 View Post
The business that we wrote the check to deposited the bank check to FHB two days EARLIER than the date that my mother wrote on her former FHB check, and the dumb FHB clerk must have accepted that check.
Searching on line for "Are post dated checks illegal", I find that what the bank did was correct and what you did was not wise.

https://www.google.com/search?q=are+...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Old 07-21-2016, 06:25 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,341,785 times
Anything has to be better than the Thieves of, oops, I mean the Bank of Hawaii.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:28 AM

42 posts, read 64,760 times
What's wrong with Bank of Hawaii?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii