Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 05:41 PM

85 posts, read 98,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiBoy View Post
...for me it was an easy decision. I wanted a place that provided easy walkable access to beaches, nice restaurants, gym, shopping & groceries. I also wanted a place zoned for vacation rentals so I could generate income while not being there. I envisioned part-time use ..... perhaps 6 months per year. Walkable access to things was important for me. And I wanted a building with amenities such as a pool, restaurants on site, etc.
Funny how our personal ideas of "paradise" differ so drastically (just the opposite i would say), but I'd wager we feel exactly the same about them.
I can't understand how people would want to live like that, and I accept that people can't understand how someone would want to live where/like I do. To each their own... it's what makes living on our little chain of islands so fun and interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 07:22 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palanakonu View Post
Funny how our personal ideas of "paradise" differ so drastically (just the opposite i would say), but I'd wager we feel exactly the same about them.
I can't understand how people would want to live like that, and I accept that people can't understand how someone would want to live where/like I do. To each their own... it's what makes living on our little chain of islands so fun and interesting.
But just think would it would be like if they all wanted to live here in the south end of the BI No thanks!

Old 04-20-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
But just think would it would be like if they all wanted to live here in the south end of the BI No thanks!
Ahhhh yes, ouch, oops!

I recant.
Stay away from here! The cannibals, fire breathing centipedes, and land sharks make this a very dangerous place. Plus there is a volcano!
Bad here. Very bad. No can do.
Gotta go zombie proof now.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:27 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,748 times
not to mention the poisonous koquis :O

Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,766,627 times
Here is what I can tell you: All the bad kukae on Maui comes from the BI. Vog, coqui frogs, little red fire ants, and now RLW disease. And for years they have been selling us Kona beer that turns out is brewed in Portland.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Here is what I can tell you: All the bad kukae on Maui comes from the BI. Vog, coqui frogs, little red fire ants, and now RLW disease. And for years they have been selling us Kona beer that turns out is brewed in Portland.
We had to send that stuff to Maui. Otherwise the government doesn't pay attention to our problems here.
We've had RLW for over a decade, but it never received any attention until it spread to Maui. Same with LFA and the coqui.
As for the VOG, you had it first! Albeit, about 800,000 years ago... but still!

I aint even touching the Kona Beer. No seriously, I won't touch it... it's not even "good beer" IMO.

Too bad we can't send you our wannabe-hippie-freeloaders.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:43 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,748 times
I blame em on the superfairy!

Old 04-21-2017, 01:15 PM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,163,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
I blame em on the superfairy!
You mean this Hawai'i Superfairy?

Old 04-22-2017, 11:46 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
None of those is a good reason to buy a house unless you are independently wealthy.

The economy, jobs and COL should be looked at first.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-22-2017, 11:46 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
You mean this Hawai'i Superfairy?

OMG. I love you for that!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii