Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2020, 03:48 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,930,312 times

Advertisements

What will happen next is the unions will file suit in court.....

In email, governor tells state employees that furloughs will begin in January

Most state employees will be furloughed for two days a month starting in January, the governor told state workers in an email Wednesday.

The furloughs are expected to save approximately $300 million and will be coupled with other budget cuts to programs. He said that he and his cabinet members will also take pay cuts.

Gov. David Ige has scheduled a news conference for Wednesday to discuss the state’s ongoing budget crisis and is expected to outline the furlough plan. The furlough days are essentially unpaid days off.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/1...budget-crisis/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2020, 08:00 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,069,536 times
And in local news, Mayor elect Rick Blangiardi was dining at Michel's last week. https://michelshawaii.com/

Not sure what the visuals are in this economy.

Old 12-09-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
And in local news, Mayor elect Rick Blangiardi was dining at Michel's last week. https://michelshawaii.com/

Not sure what the visuals are in this economy.
Well, restaurants are allowing dine in services, he should support the local economy - he has gone on record he wants to open things back up like bars - but ultimately, Rick will be a City and County employee not subject to the thread title - furloughs for state employees

Old 12-09-2020, 10:01 PM

Well, Michel's isn't the only restaurant offering dine in service, Michel's is owned by a Japanese based company. I kinda think Rick will be cutting some payroll soon. Aren't we all in this together?

Old 12-09-2020, 11:42 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,840,581 times
Quote:
Well, Michel's isn't the only restaurant offering dine in service, Michel's is owned by a Japanese based company. I kinda think Rick will be cutting some payroll soon. Aren't we all in this together?
Do you believe that he was dining at taxpayer expense? As mayor-elect I doubt it.

Meanwhile, he can eat wherever he wants, just like the rest of us.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
The City and County are doing fine except rail. Property Tax revenue on track to skyrocket

Old 12-09-2020, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Do you believe that he was dining at taxpayer expense? As mayor-elect I doubt it.

Meanwhile, he can eat wherever he wants, just like the rest of us.
I did not say where he could eat. How did you jump to that conclusion? I can eat where ever I want but I am not going to be cutting anyone's paycheck in the near future.

I did question the optics of the new mayor eating in one of the most expensive restaurants on the island.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
The City and County are doing fine except rail. Property Tax revenue on track to skyrocket
Great, happy days are here again!

Old 12-09-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
I

I did question the optics of the new mayor eating in one of the most expensive restaurants on the island.
You still haven’t explained what is wrong with the optics. As the former GM of Hawaii News Now he can certainly afford it. When I see Alan Wong’s go out of business all of our restaurants need support

Old 12-10-2020, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
You still haven’t explained what is wrong with the optics. As the former GM of Hawaii News Now he can certainly afford it. When I see Alan Wong’s go out of business all of our restaurants need support
Maybe kinda along the line of "Let them eat cake". I don't think Watabe is in danger of closing Michel's. Maybe a restaurant that is locally owned and not backed by a huge foreign corporation might have been more appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii