Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2020, 02:23 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiBoy View Post
It is surprising to me that they have not been able to put at least something in place yet with respect to a testing upon arrival or prior to departure type program.
When you live in Hawaii - these things are unfortunately, not surprising.

Common sense often does not prevail in Hawaii.

Many residents would happily pay the $120 for the PCR test - or do a couple of antigen tests to avoid quarantine - and everyone would have the added benefit of knowing if you have it or not - even with no symptoms. This could have been implemented months ago.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:28 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
Today Governor Ige announced the reopening of Oahu to mainland people who have taken a Covid-19 test. No more 14 day quarantine if you test negative.

No word on the Neighbor Islands yet. That discussion is expected to take place soon.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:39 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,558,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Today Governor Ige announced the reopening of Oahu to mainland people who have taken a Covid-19 test. No more 14 day quarantine if you test negative.

No word on the Neighbor Islands yet. That discussion is expected to take place soon.
Believe it when you see it..... All he really did was extend the quarantine by another 15 days, which gives him some breathing room from residents and businesses breathing down his neck. Unless the cases go down to 0, he will continuously extend the restrictions as he's already done for the past 3-4 months.

Old 09-17-2020, 01:37 AM

I liked the fine print. $120 for the test

Old 09-17-2020, 05:34 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,111,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
without that certificate, the draconian rule preventing even renting a car at the airport. Waaaaay over the top IMO -

Hertz is carefully sanitizing their vehicles interiors afaict.
Yup, from the Hertz site, today:

Hoping Ige and those esteemed colleagues see this

Should Hawaii start lifting restrictions for certain islands?-hertz-sanitized-cars.jpg

I'll be arriving on Nov. 6th, no taxis please.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Yup, from the Hertz site, today:

Hoping Ige and those esteemed colleagues see this

Attachment 223844

I'll be arriving on Nov. 6th, no taxis please.
Sanitizing is nice, but not really necessary. Just leave the car in the lot for 2 days in the sun. Seal the door and date when sealed. DONE.

Old 09-17-2020, 10:18 AM

344 posts, read 251,056 times
Quote:

I am not seeing where the plan is for Oahu only.
As far as I can tell, it is for all arrivals from out of state.
Oddly, it does not apply of inter-island travel.

Where did you see a Oahu only restriction?

Old 09-17-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohalaTransplant View Post

The program is for trans-Pacific travelers to avoid quarantine with a negative PCR test within 72 hours of your flight to all of Hawaii. The cost of the test is $120-$140 per person.

Presumably, Ige will drop the interisland quarantine requirement in that timeframe - but right now there are no provisions for no quarantine interisland travel except essential workers

Old 09-17-2020, 11:08 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KohalaTransplant View Post

I read about the change on the website: Beat of Hawaii. They believe this is actually going to take place this time.

I later heard that only Oahu will be affected from someone who has been flying back and forth to the mainland for months, and enduring quarantine each time. He pointed out the lack of direct flights to outer islands and the fact that the change does not apply to inter-island flights, which effectively limits the change to Oahu.

At $120-140, per person, it is also somewhat expensive but would still be worth it to many people (and me).

Old 09-17-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I read about the change on the website: Beat of Hawaii. They believe this is actually going to take place this time.

I later heard that only Oahu will be affected from someone who has been flying back and forth to the mainland for months, and enduring quarantine each time. He pointed out the lack of direct flights to outer islands and the fact that the change does not apply to inter-island flights, which effectively limits the change to Oahu.

At $120-140, per person, it is also somewhat expensive but would still be worth it to many people (and me).
Airfares will likely be somewhat depressed due to the pandemic, so should offset the cost of the testing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii