Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2020, 06:25 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
After reading the United site - it is a rapid PCR test - at $250 a test, ouch

Green says test will be accepted

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...und-travelers/
Good deal.

According to the info I read on the State website, it appears that results from any certified lab can be used. Doesn't have to be CVS or Kaiser affiliate.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:19 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Good deal.

According to the info I read on the State website, it appears that results from any certified lab can be used. Doesn't have to be CVS or Kaiser affiliate.
No, it has to be an approved partner. It does not say any

They don't want people coming in with forged/fake results - they want to refer to a database to verify you actually took the test.

I've seen both Ige and Green on TV state outright, it has to be an approved partner.

From the Governor website:

FDA-approved NAAT tests, processed by a CLIA-certified laboratory are the only types of coronavirus tests currently approved

Currently approved trusted testing partners are CVS and Kaiser Permanente

From Star Advertiser:

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...und-travelers/

However, starting Oct. 15, Ige’s latest order says that “travelers who, upon entry into the state, provide written confirmation from a state approved COVID-19 testing facility of a negative test result from a test administered to the traveler within 72 hours from the final leg of departure, will be exempt from the mandatory quarantine.”

Old 09-25-2020, 12:07 PM

451 posts, read 411,845 times
And apparently Hawaiian Airlines is following United's lead and will be offering Covid testing prior to departure from select mainland gateways. Pretty soon most, if not all the airlines they will all be doing it and the price of testing will drop.

Old 09-25-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
And apparently Hawaiian Airlines is following United's lead and will be offering Covid testing prior to departure from select mainland gateways. Pretty soon most, if not all the airlines they will all be doing it and the price of testing will drop.
Keep in mind, the Hawaiian testing is not at the airport

Old 09-25-2020, 01:07 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Quote:

Ohhh, that would be sweet. Hope the have it at EWR/Newark.

Old 09-25-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind, the Hawaiian testing is not at the airport
True and probably a reason HA's reported test pricing is cheaper than UA's, however as this feature
matures and other airlines jump on board for mainland to Hawaii and international flights, I
suspect we'll see prior-to-boarding testing at much cheaper rates and convenient locations, i.e.
at the airports. I seem to recall several months ago a company in Germany providing this service
at German airports for international travelers. I was wondering when it would be realized here in
the US.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
True and probably a reason HA's reported test pricing is cheaper than UA's, however as this feature
matures and other airlines jump on board for mainland to Hawaii and international flights, I
suspect we'll see prior-to-boarding testing at much cheaper rates and convenient locations, i.e.
at the airports. I seem to recall several months ago a company in Germany providing this service
at German airports for international travelers. I was wondering when it would be realized here in
the US.
Both United and Hawaiian have flaws which is why the State needs to get the details out regarding CVS and Kaiser.

With United - you not only have cost, it isn't a good option if you have a connection - the facility is outside of TSA and in the International terminal - you need time to get to the test facility - get tested - back thru TSA. Even with a long connection - if you have a delay (SFO is prone to fog) you may miss the test window.

With Hawaiian - not an option at all with connections.

We need the CVS/Kaiser details - come on Ige/Green

Old 09-25-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Both United and Hawaiian have flaws which is why the State needs to get the details out regarding CVS and Kaiser.

With United - you not only have cost, it isn't a good option if you have a connection - the facility is outside of TSA and in the International terminal - you need time to get to the test facility - get tested - back thru TSA. Even with a long connection - if you have a delay (SFO is prone to fog) you may miss the test window.

With Hawaiian - not an option at all with connections.

We need the CVS/Kaiser details - come on Ige/Green

As has been previously discussed, the other outstanding issue is testing kids. The state still hasn't yet figured
that one out.

Still a work in progress.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
As has been previously discussed, the other outstanding issue is testing kids. The state still hasn't yet figured
that one out.
They've figured it out - they "hope" the testing partners will do it sometime in the future. Because we all know hope is a great strategy.

Old 09-25-2020, 11:44 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,748 times
Quote:
that one out.

Still a work in progress.
Kids young enough needs to be exempt.

I like how the state did an about face and is insisting on in-person tests only for united, despite them already working with hawaii leaders and fully complying with the requirements they set in place. This kind of stuff makes hawaii look stupid.... they're all worried about travelers cheating. I would think the vast majority of travelers would take the tests in good faith because if they have covid, they would want to know and get treated in their home state. So basically our benevolent, I mean idiotic leaders, I mean dictators want to slow our recovery even more on purpose over the chances of a few people trying to game the system. Totally idiotic because people are already defying the existing 14 day quarantine. In general, tested tourists is WAY preferable to untested ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii