Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2020, 03:15 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
I'd like to be assured by your statements Dr. Whtviper but every time I see my doctor and ask, "Doc, am I gonna die?" He always tells me, "Yes". Making sure my affairs are in order. LOL
Yep, we are all going to die. And if you get Corona and you have underlying conditions - things may speed up for you - the rest of us, not so much. Sorry - but not sorry.

I just don't think massive unemployment is the best alternative strategy,

Old 09-29-2020, 05:08 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KohalaTransplant View Post
This is most likely correct, with a small caveat that the CDC director says more like 10% infected, not 20%.

But, to be honest no one really knows, because we as an entire nation (plenty of blame to go around) have been woefully inept at large scale testing.
It IS good to see that occasionally a few people at least admit “no one really knows” in the midst of all this amateur (at best) analysis and prognosticating. I recall back a few months some folks were insisting we’d not likely ever see even 60,000 deaths from this virus. Surprise!

Old 09-29-2020, 05:57 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,066,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Yep, we are all going to die. And if you get Corona and you have underlying conditions - things may speed up for you - the rest of us, not so much. Sorry - but not sorry.

I just don't think massive unemployment is the best alternative strategy,
Well, you've kinda changed the subject. I'm all for getting people back to work and letting things fall as they may. I was concerned about the hospitals being swamped and if I needed care, Corona or not, I would want to be able to avail myself. Now if the powers that be say you all mingle but over 80 if there is limited space prepare to meet your maker. 70+ with underlying conditions we'll let you know if there is a space. 60+ and 30 pounds overweight there is the Soylent Green line. Did you really think you were going to see your grand daughters graduation? 50+ and a smoker with COPD, don't call us we'll call you.

Now if the facilities aren't swamped..... but if they are who's gonna make the call or is it first come, first serve?

Old 09-29-2020, 06:16 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:

Now if the facilities aren't swamped..... but if they are who's gonna make the call or is it first come, first serve?
Make more facilities

Old 09-29-2020, 06:17 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times
Quote:
But isn't that only because people have been able to get medical care? My understanding is that the death rate will greatly increase if there are mass infetions that will swamp the medical facilities.
As I understand it, Covid hospitalizations have dropped significantly since it’s peak.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:26 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,066,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Make more facilities
Build it and they will come?

From what I read we can't man the ones we have! I was casually listening to the news and I think it was even Caldwell saying there was a shortage of CNA's and restaurant people could be retrained and have jobs by the end of the year! I'm not sure I want my server moonlighting as a CNA. Have you seen the job description?

Come to think of it I don't think we have evough construction workers! Conundrum. Yer right, we're all gonna die.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
It IS good to see that occasionally a few people at least admit “no one really knows” in the midst of all this amateur (at best) analysis and prognosticating. I recall back a few months some folks were insisting we’d not likely ever see even 60,000 deaths from this virus. Surprise!
We are only at 12,000 covid deaths as per the CDC. 94% of Covid related deaths had 2.6 comorbidities. We also know people who died from motorcycle accidents were counted as Covid deaths. So you’re right, we really don’t know. The more we learn the more you’re proven wrong. The median age of all Covid deaths is 78 years old.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 09-29-2020 at 06:41 PM..

Old 09-29-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
We are only at 12,000 covid deaths as per the CDC. 94% of Covid related deaths had 2.6 comorbidities. We also know people who died from motorcycle accidents were counted as Covid deaths. So you’re right, we really don’t know. The more we learn the more you’re proven wrong. The median age of all Covid deaths is 78 years old.
No. We’re at 206,000 deaths ... unless you use Trump-math

Here’s your next question officer: if a person has diabetes, heart disease, and prostate cancer ... and is hit by a bus while crossing the street ... flat as a pancake ... wheels run over his head ... what is the cause of death?

Old 09-29-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No. We’re at 206,000 deaths ... unless you use Trump-math

Here’s your next question officer: if a person has diabetes, heart disease, and prostate cancer ... and is hit by a bus while crossing the street ... flat as a pancake ... wheels run over his head ... what is the cause of death?
I’m just telling the number of actual Covid deaths. I’m curious why a person who dies in a motorcycle accident is listed as a Covid death? What is the cause of a person who dies of cardiac arrest and has Covid? Why is Covid being listed as the cause of death? How many people who are infected with the flu who die of cardiac arrest listed as a flu death?

Old 09-29-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I’m just telling the number of actual Covid deaths. I’m curious why a person who dies in a motorcycle accident is listed as a Covid death? What is the cause of a person who dies of cardiac arrest and has Covid? Why is Covid being listed as the cause of death? How many people who are infected with the flu who die of cardiac arrest listed as a flu death?
You just asked several questions. Now tell the readers here what the answers are.

I asked you a hypothetical. You are asking specifics that must have factual answers. So go ahead, tell us how many motorcycle accident deaths have been listed as Covid deaths. Let’s apply the number to the statistics.

Meanwhile, you didn’t answer my hypothetical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii