Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 03:10 PM

3 posts, read 9,415 times

Advertisements

I would like to share a private charter jet to hawaii. I need to fly my 5 dogs to hawaii with me in the cabin. Anyone want to share a private jet for pets to Hawaii?

Last edited by 7th generation; 05-02-2009 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: do not post your e mail addy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 08:08 AM

37 posts, read 201,205 times
Aloha,JollyDogs!
I'll be moving to BI in Oct.- Nov. this year.

I researched this subject while ago (there is another thread on this forum).

Do you actually know someone with a private jet ?

Unless something new appeared,so far flying pets in the cabin is more like an urban legend...

There is no information about private jets-charter flights ever entered the airport and the vet services actually met them .

(I don't mean private jets of millionaires with their own pets).

Meanwhile I trained my dog and he actually loves the crate.

I also will be driving to LA and from Kona just that my dog have one non-stop flight.

In Kona a rep. from Kona vet services will meet me (the paperwork should be sent prior to this to Honolulu).

If miracle happens and you find the plane - e-mail me.

Otherwise,it's a lot of scam artists ,praying on vulnerable pet owners out there.

Good luck!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 AM

76 posts, read 198,477 times
Hi Shareaircharterhawaii and StillHope!

There are lots of companies that have charters available for hire. This is done all the time for flights all over the world.
I have been in touch with the quarantine office in Honolulu, they have verified that pets in cabin in private flights is authorized. The animals can fly over in cabin cage free, but will need to be put in cages once you arrive to be transported to the quarantine office. So anyone who goes will need to bring a cage with them.
As far as traveling with the 5 dogs, we would love to have you be part of our group. I do need to tell you, the standard seems to be 1 person for every 2 pets. (one per hand! )

Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:46 PM

JollyDogs,can you provide the facts?
The name of the charter flight companies (you said there are A LOT of them),how many years in business and at least a single date when the quarantine service rep. met all the animals on the plane?

The fact that flying your pet in your jet is possible is true.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:30 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,698,674 times
What Jollydogs is trying to do is get a good estimate of number of people/pets since pricing for jets vary. Since your renting the whole plane, you need to balance the capacity to cost.

(Jollydogs, just got back, will pull the info you asked about and pm you)

Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
What Jollydogs is trying to do is get a good estimate of number of people/pets since pricing for jets vary. Since your renting the whole plane, you need to balance the capacity to cost.

(Jollydogs, just got back, will pull the info you asked about and pm you)
Please,POST IT ON THE FORUM that everyone interested could have the information.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:04 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,698,674 times
Stillhope what information are you looking for?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:01 AM

11 posts, read 34,187 times
Well, I had my dog microchipped on Friday, and in three weeks he has blood drawn, and the sample sent to the Kansas lab. At that time he gets his 3-yr rabies vaccine along with a Lyme's disease vaccine (we're in MI's Upper Penninsula). He is young, 17 months old, so he should fare well when we move in November. What I read in So You Want To Live In Hawaii is that people should think long and hard whether or not to bring an ill or an old dog on such a long flight. Really, if people can get deep vein thrombosis, I am sure an old dog could get a DVT as well (especially if one has been fed bacon all it's life!!). Seriously, though, I personally would not take a 17.5 year old dog out of it's familiar environment.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 PM

3 posts, read 15,391 times
Hi, ShareaircharterHawaii! I would love to join you if the fare is affordable. Would be me and my sweet chocolate lab. Where are you leaving from and what's a ball-park figure to join you? Beverly

Old 05-06-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Stillhope what information are you looking for?
Name of the company provided the jet,jet tail #,date and time of arrival,the name of the vet inspected the dogs for release.

I mean,if this kind of flights ever happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii