Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:13 AM

35 posts, read 113,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBob View Post
You know, back here in the states, we try to be a little more prompt.

Bob
SkyBob can't be that..um..uneducated. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure he means "back on the mainland"..I hope. Otherwise he belongs on Jay walking all stars, street smarts, so all of America can laugh at him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 11:13 AM

263 posts, read 1,005,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllNoize View Post
SkyBob can't be that..um..uneducated. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure he means "back on the mainland"..I hope. Otherwise he belongs on Jay walking all stars, street smarts, so all of America can laugh at him.
No I didn't mean "back on the mainland", I meant "back here in the states".

It was a small attempt at humor that went flying past everybody. I've been accused of having a really poor sense of humor.

Bob

Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,389,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBob View Post
No I didn't mean "back on the mainland", I meant "back here in the states".

It was a small attempt at humor that went flying past everybody. I've been accused of having a really poor sense of humor.

Bob
Dude - you just need to use smileys. Then we know you're joking. It's hard to detect sarcasm and joking without a little help from our smiley friends.
Like this.....

Or this.....

den, bruddah, we get it...

Old 05-14-2009, 11:47 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,389,880 times
BTW - yes. Island time seems to be the same on all islands -- the Islands of Hawaii, the Islands in the Bahamas, Caymans, Cuba... It's warm and humid, and that slows things down. Now, Manhattan Island seems to have lost that. They're all on the gerbil wheel, running as fast as they can after those $5 million bonuses that screwed up the entire monetary system of the good ol' U S of A. Perhaps if Manhattan went on Island Time, the world would be a happier place...

Old 05-15-2009, 08:55 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,960,638 times
I noticed that when my wife and I went on our Honeymoon back in February. I'm an enrolled member of the Comanche Nation of Oklahoma. We just call the same thing "Indian Time". It was fun talking to the locals, especially the natives. They and we Indians have a lot in common! My ex-wife who is taibo (= Haole), HATED Indian time. My new wife is also taibo and is just fine with it. When we were in Hawaii, she thought nothing of Island Time....she was already used to it.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:16 PM

217 posts, read 640,704 times
we live on barrier island in texas across a big bridge. sucks to have to go over the bridge (off topic) this thread cracks me up though !
my landlord has rental property and he rarely goes "over the bridge" and when i moved in (six weeks ago) i made a joke about getting the stuff fixed around here and was he on island time (he lived in maui for a while so he knows!) and he said "oh no i outgrew that years ago!"
but ya know my dishwasher still doesn't work, and i got a hole in my wall for the A/C return vent and some other stuff (nothin' making me sweat, I don't really care) but it is just so funny "i outgrew that" he shoulda just said ya girl i'm still on island time but we'll get to ya!
but then i wouldn't have had this chuckle with y'all.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:57 AM

1,234 posts, read 4,592,505 times
Great stories! Now that were back on track

1 Storie i have is I flew from NY to the BI to remodel a condo. i waited for 5 days for the general to do the cabinets with no luck I was on a time limit so i made a few calls with no luck so my crew and i went fishing . So Island time dose have its benefits

And where dod you get those neet Icons?

Old 05-16-2009, 06:16 PM

737 posts, read 1,463,762 times
Default kau inoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllNoize View Post

Don't sweat it skybob, I know plenty of local people(mostly Hawaiians) who refer to the mainland as "America"! As in, "when you leaving for your trip to America?". I know it's a joke, but alot of people here really don't want to be part of the USA. Have you ever seen the bumper stickers, "haole for sovereignty"! I laugh so hard when I see them!

HAWAII - INDEPENDENT & SOVEREIGN

Cheers!

Old 12-10-2009, 12:23 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,592,505 times
Bump! for NandVsmom

Old 12-10-2009, 05:51 PM

150 posts, read 415,889 times
thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: