Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 02:39 AM

2 posts, read 5,467 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!We're a couple with three dogs (2 small and 1 large) from Tuscany and wanted to move to Hawaii for a couple of years.I'm 30 year old, just graduated in IT at Pisa University and a passion for surf, and my girlfriend is 29 years old just graduated in european licterature and an insane passion for dogs and bodyboard. I'm half english so I have no problem in speaking english (maybe some in writing it...) while my girlfriend speaks ok.

We and have some questions: Is that possibile? Whitch island? How much does a house, any house, cost per month? Is it easy to find a job? Any job, from waiter to computer engeneering?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 05:35 AM

9,329 posts, read 16,708,402 times
If you use the search function on the forum, some of the questions you are posing will be answered. To give you a little information:
Moving dogs into the islands requires quite a bit of paperwork. They have very strict requirements.
Each island has it's own attributes, so it depends on your life style. Kaui, is quiet and peaceful; Maui is magnificient and for an active lifestyle; BI has volcano and many parts are still lava, with limited beaches due to cliffs; Oahu center is Honolulu which is a city.
Living is very expensive on all the islands as everything needs to be brought in via air or ship.
Due to the current economy, jobs are limited. Most of the island jobs are in the tourism arena. With your background you might do better on Oahu.

To repeat myself, you will get a better feeling if you do a search on your various criteria on this forum, i.e. jobs, living costs, dogs, etc. Good luck.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:21 AM

15 posts, read 60,014 times
Hello,
Have you thought about what kind of visa you can get to enter the USA (seeing as Hawaii is part of the USA)? This will be be your first hurdle!!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:49 AM

65 posts, read 289,626 times
Oahu is probably your best bet. Honolulu is weathering the recession well. If you are comfortable working with tourists you should be able to find work there. It is one of the world's more expensive cities. Find the classified section at HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser | Honolulu news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Honolulu, Hawaii. Those ads will answer alot of your questions. Good luck!

Old 07-16-2009, 07:02 AM

2 posts, read 5,467 times
thank's to all for information...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: