Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:40 PM

24 posts, read 86,461 times

Advertisements

Help!! My family and I are planning a move to Hawaii, we are very excited!!! But our family in California says everyone will be mean and predjudice towards our family because we are not native to Hawaii, raised in Cali, moved to Utah in 94 and we are just tired of the desert, we also want our children to experience some diversity, we are currently in a very small town and its nice, but we need something new. any advise???

Last edited by rhondaw; 08-24-2009 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: want to stand out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 05:42 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,588,653 times
not to be redundant read your other post.

If you need more help please feel free to ask.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:50 PM

Default redundant

what do you mean

Old 08-24-2009, 05:55 PM

I'm sorry I responded to your other post on the other thread with the same question . If I would have seen this one first I would have not posted the other post lol.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:00 PM

Oh, should I look at the other one I didnt think anyone would respond to it because it was thrown in with some old threads and I wanted mine to be seen by current users

Old 08-24-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaw View Post
Oh, should I look at the other one I didnt think anyone would respond to it because it was thrown in with some old threads and I wanted mine to be seen by current users
Yes you were correct in thinking that and I didn't think you were going to post on a new thread .

Its all good

Old 08-24-2009, 06:10 PM

Im sorry I dont know where the first post is. can you help

Old 08-24-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Wow it worked lol

Originally Posted by rhondaw
My family and I are seriously concidering a move soon to Hawaii, but my family members that live in California say nobody will be nice to us because we are not native to Hawaii, raised in Cali, moved to Utah in 94, tired of the desert, want some Paradise. Can anyone from Hawaii tell me how we will be accepted?

Aloha,
Not true at all! May I be the first to say as a Native Californian the Family says lies!
There tons of threads and posts about the whatever you want to call it IE: hard times moving to Hawaii.

Bottom line is treat with respect and get respect!
[+] Rate this post positively

Old 08-24-2009, 06:27 PM

Yea thats my motto, when we moved to Utah they basically said the same thing, but everyone here was very welcoming, and we have lived here for almost 15 years, In your opinion, where is the best place on the Big Island for housing and work and schools.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaw View Post
Yea thats my motto, when we moved to Utah they basically said the same thing, but everyone here was very welcoming, and we have lived here for almost 15 years, In your opinion, where is the best place on the Big Island for housing and work and schools.
Ok first of all ( not meaning you at all ) This should be everyone's motto!
Now to the very hard question .

Best place to live? This depends on what you want? I always thought I would move to Kona and I find myself moving to the Hilo side. We really want to live up on the Hamakua coast . The best advise I have received was and is to move to Hawaii rent in the areas that you think you like to find out if you really like it. If you dont its easy to move. I will be out there in Dec I rent until I find a place I like.
Now the Schools? This is where we need input from others that have kids mine is 23 so I dont look into this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: