Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:30 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,590,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise31 View Post
This is the answer I received today from the QT folks in HNL:

"Hi,

If your flight arrives too late for release we put your pet in an enclosed indoor run, feed, and water it. You must pick it up at the airport the following morning between 8AM to 9:30AM so that you don't incur the 5 day fee. If you pick the pet up later than that the fee will go up to $224.00 instead of $165.00."

Just wanted to share.
I'm baaack!!!

If it has to be done that way it doesn't sound to bad. I just the people that work and watch the animals are good to them...

I know the flight your thinking of sending them on its long but direct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 04:49 PM

292 posts, read 948,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
I'm baaack!!!

If it has to be done that way it doesn't sound to bad. I just the people that work and watch the animals are good to them...

I know the flight your thinking of sending them on its long but direct.

Welcome back!!!

I called Continental yesterday about making sure there was room on that flight on any given day for all 3 dogs and they said no problem. It is a huge plane. I will call 3 more times just to be sure..

I wish I could clone myself into 3 people for that trip.. I'm gonna be a basket case..! LOL

Old 12-16-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise31 View Post
Welcome back!!!

I called Continental yesterday about making sure there was room on that flight on any given day for all 3 dogs and they said no problem. It is a huge plane. I will call 3 more times just to be sure..

I wish I could clone myself into 3 people for that trip.. I'm gonna be a basket case..! LOL
Ya thats going to be a tough flight I wish I could help. You might be able to get a sky cap for some help.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:32 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,183,060 times
Tortoise31... You are gonna have to have a big van pick you up at quaratine to take dogs to your next flight. I am sure you thought of that. I don't think a minivan is gonna work??? They have numbers for taxi's at the quaratine office.

I have to say everyone at the airport and quaratine were very friendly and nice. Just remember if you need to fly dogs in cargo (even on the same plane as you) you have to show up 90 minutes before flight to check them in. Or at least on Hawaiian you did so this really screwed up my flight time - thought I had enough between schedules but with the plane late!!! Arrival was supposed to be 1:30 and next flight was scheduled for 4:05... that wasn't enough time.

That put me on stress, panick overload. Although as I said the Honolulu cargo actually did let him on the flight even though we were 45 minutes late. I barely made it back to gate for my seat!! In Seattle they said if they didn't have his weight admitted 3 hours before flight we wouldn't be loaded on the plan. So I was there at 5:30 am for a 9:20 flight. Although once they weighed him let me walk him around - actually took him to a park and came back to load him at 7:15am.

I didn't have to do a blood test for the Heartguard. He gobbled it up as if it was a treat. Picky eater also so I was surprised.

My health certificate, Heartguard, and Advantix application cost me $138.00 total. Flight cost one way just for him - cargo not luggage- crate and dog 76lbs on Hawaiian $720.00 total to Seattle to Hilo.

And not to go there but I was amazed to see a poodle service dog sitting two rows behind me!! That was a first I have seen.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,764 times
He made it! Going through quarantine was easy-peasy, faster than we thought. We brought our own hand-cart, but they actually brought him out on one that had a pneumatic lift on it--put him right into the back of the car.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallroundandfurry View Post
He made it! Going through quarantine was easy-peasy, faster than we thought. We brought our own hand-cart, but they actually brought him out on one that had a pneumatic lift on it--put him right into the back of the car.
Contgrats!

Glad it was easy and the pup was safe.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:29 PM

229 posts, read 929,290 times
Sorry, gang, smallroundandfurry is an old login name--apparently that account is still open. It's me, LauleaHere&There. Rex is my 12-yr-old Golden Retriever. Both the dog and the Husband arrived on Moloka'i safe and sound.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauleahere&there View Post
Sorry, gang, smallroundandfurry is an old login name--apparently that account is still open. It's me, LauleaHere&There. Rex is my 12-yr-old Golden Retriever. Both the dog and the Husband arrived on Moloka'i safe and sound.
LOL ok ... still glad the pup is happy( wasn't to worried about the hubbie) time to take him to the water!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:19 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,183,060 times
Congradts Lauleahere&there... glad everything went smoothly.

Koa hows the kennel training going?? Did your wife come out!! Still laughing at that image!!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
Congradts Lauleahere&there... glad everything went smoothly.

Koa hows the kennel training going?? Did your wife come out!! Still laughing at that image!!
LOL!
Well we don't have to sit inside anymore. today we put the door on it and it was 1 step back next we close the door that will be 2 steps back hmmm.

Wife leaves in sat. Dog will go in 2 -3 weeks me?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii