Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 02:37 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Have the squatting haolis been doing the upkeep on the windmill, solar panels and batteries?
More importantly, have they been paying their property taxes so the land doesn't get sold again by the state for back taxes, like happened to the previous owners?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:15 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
More importantly, have they been paying their property taxes so the land doesn't get sold again by the state for back taxes, like happened to the previous owners?
No offense but,How did you get that they weren't paying taxes from these posts?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/retir...l#post33747310

https://www.city-data.com/forum/maui/...l#post33746488

Could there be any other event that she could lose her ancestral lands. Key word ancestral? Remember hawaii politics is corrupt.

If i made a mistake i don't have a problem saying so.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 03-05-2014 at 04:51 PM..

Old 03-05-2014, 05:45 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Regardless, we can't know for sure about her situation and there's no reason to throw around racist insults (and yes, when "haole" is used like that its racist).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieJensen View Post
Not racist - my opinion
Actually, it is quite clearly and undeniably racist the way you used it.

In the Retirement forum you made these overtly racist remarks:

Quote:
I avoided living near whites when we retired, after working with them for close to 70 years.
Was returning home to Hawai'i only to find out it was overrun with whites, who squatted and now own my ancestral lands.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/33747310-post79.html
Then in this forum you told the same tale of finding "haolis" (sic) squatting on the lands that your family formerly owned. So clearly, to you, haole = white, which is the most common way the word is used in Hawai'i, as a racial slur.

Good luck finding the new home you seek in New Zealand.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:06 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,189 times
I don't live in Hawaii and I've never been before, but something that people should keep in mind is people love their homes, regardless of whatever problems they may face. No place is perfect, not even Hawaii, but if you love a place you learn to live with it.

For some people, home is where they were born, for others it's a different place that they fall in love with. Some people may at one time thought they loved a place only to discover after visiting or living there that it's not for them. That's fine, it's just part of the process.

Me personally, I would love to visit Hawaii but I don't think that I would want to live there. Not saying it's a bad place, it's just not for me personally. I wouldn't like the isolation, and I'm a city slicker, which aside from Honolulu on Oahu there are no real cities in Hawaii, it's like living in a small town and that's boring to me. Also, I have heard that there is some racism from the Natives towards white people, and that they even assault them if they go on their beaches or areas after dark. Not only that but I have heard that I also extends into other areas of life, such as Natives always being the first considered for jobs and benefits.

As you can see, '' paradise'' is different for everyone.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:37 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,573,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Also, I have heard that there is some racism from the Natives towards white people, and that they even assault them if they go on their beaches or areas after dark.
I don't live there either. But have you heard about the rampant cannibalism???

('They' try to keep it a secret)

Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:

Oh darn our secret is out, no use buying barbecue sauce anymore!

And god i loved legs too.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Actually, it is quite clearly and undeniably racist the way you used it.

In the Retirement forum you made these overtly racist remarks:

Then in this forum you told the same tale of finding "haolis" (sic) squatting on the lands that your family formerly owned. So clearly, to you, haole = white, which is the most common way the word is used in Hawai'i, as a racial slur.

Good luck finding the new home you seek in New Zealand.
Found it interesting what you guys thought was important in all those posts you quoted of a 70+ year old native hawaiian lady. So sad. No stink intended OpenD.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 03-05-2014 at 10:08 PM..

Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,189 times
Quote:

Lol stop with the sarcasm. Racism is a real problem for Hawaii, there have been countless articles and news reports on the subject. Not saying it's rampant or that all the natives are racists, but it does exist and denying it doesn't solve the problem.

I know people who have lived there. They said they were called Haole Crap on a daily basis and even had some of them through garbage in their front yard because they didn't want white people living in their neighborhood.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Lol stop with the sarcasm. Racism is a real problem for Hawaii, there have been countless articles and news reports on the subject. Not saying it's rampant or that all the natives are racists, but it does exist and denying it doesn't solve the problem.

I know people who have lived there. They said they were called Haole Crap on a daily basis and even had some of them through garbage in their front yard because they didn't want white people living in their neighborhood.
Its a minority compared to this

♫ Mr. Sun Cho Lee ♪ (with lyrics) ♫ Keola & Kapono Beamer - YouTube

Rap Reiplinger. Japanese Roll Call - YouTube

Frank Delima - Filipinos & Japanese - YouTube

Frank Delima - The Hawaiians - YouTube

Laughing Samoans - English Is Funny - YouTube

Laughing Samoans - english please - YouTube

Rap Reiplinger - "Chanting" Video - YouTube

PIDGIN TO DA MAX local kine comedy 1983 - YouTube

One Dolla - YouTube

Old 03-06-2014, 08:29 AM

^^^^^

Glenn Miyashiro - Frank DeLima - YouTube

The point is no one is safe, we make fun of each others races, we are even brutal to eachother and our own races. The point being yes there is racism, but its a minority thats going to dump garbage on your lawn. If you come to Hawai'i thinking like a mainlander with a politically correct mindset and look for racism, your going to find it. Even in a 70+ year old hawai'ian tutu who has lost all her lands and in anger and grief uses the word haole or whites, the issue she uses those words was more inportant then the fact she lost everything and has nothing.

There is also alot of reverse racism haole(foriegner) on others.

Some times the differences in Hawai'i is to much to overcome. If you have no ability to adapt and be flexable you won't make it. Its like the song say its a miracle we can live together. Theres a reason for that.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 03-06-2014 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii