Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:38 PM

287 posts, read 1,372,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
Baby whales showing off - "Look what I can do as popcorn"

rainbows on the water

Moonbows

Stars live never seen

new earth black sand that feels so good between the toes

My dog become a sunbather and ice head (the cold kind addicted)

Mango trees huge

White Hawaiian owl land on a tree above your head

I'o Hawaiian hawk settle in to talk to you on a branch for 20 minutes

Whales blow/trumpet sounds like in your living room with babies at their side

A Humpback whale birth in front of the house

Coqui frogs (oh what this was good!)

My bones don't ache in am
Wow we have alot to be thankful for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 01:20 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,183,060 times
OK came up with two more tonight..

Went to a Hawaiian style - local style birthday party. So neat - three to four generations of family. Garage full of musicians all the teenagers got up and sang with Dad's friends. Sooo much food, Oh my tummy hurts soo much food! OK that can happen anywhere. Not the same but give you that..

But it was one gals birthday - she woundn't say what birthday - in 80's over 100 people there.
And all of her friends from 70's to in 80's years old -including the birthday gal who just had hip replacement 2 months ago.

They all were in the same hula dance group back in the day - Got up and did three dance songs of hula. It was really neat! Won't see that in Montana!

Also the 4th party I have been to with this family - lots of people and all take off slippers.
Only in Hawaii does someone at the party end up not finding their slippers or got brand new ones because someone else accidently took home the old slippers that looks the same!!

Ohana!!! It is amazing!!!! Great dinner last night with new friends and havee such a strong Ohana here in such a short time opposed to time frame on mainland to create something close to the same!

I am thankful everyday I have the chance to live in Hawaii part time!!

Last edited by nwcountrygal; 03-15-2010 at 01:31 AM..

Old 03-15-2010, 01:27 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,512,221 times
White OWLS! YES! Saw one a few weeks back while going across Saddle Road to go to Hapuna Beach State Park. Owl was right next to road, flapping it's wings and not moving forward! (It was flying into the wind)

Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 AM

145 posts, read 451,096 times
OMG - I LOVE this post!! Kudos to the OP and to all who have contributed!

Old 05-25-2010, 02:59 PM

312 posts, read 1,374,350 times
10 cats and 15 mongoose eating crackers together under a monkeypod tree.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:13 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,512,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactastica View Post
Makes one wonder...
Which is harder to do? Herding cats or mongoose?

Old 05-26-2010, 06:25 AM

145 posts, read 451,096 times
Quote:
Makes one wonder...
Which is harder to do? Herding cats or mongoose?
LOL! Although he has no experiences with Mongoose (mongeese? ) with which to compare, my dog, PD (pronounced "Petey" - there's a reason it's PD...but I won't go into it here ), a Border Collie/Aussie Shepherd cross (very much a "herding" animal!) learned very early in his life about cats. The lessons he learned are as follows: Cats are very sharp, scratchy and easily provoked; cats have terrible senses of humor (at least as it relates to THEM being the object of humor); cats do not herd...at all!

Hehehe!

Old 05-26-2010, 12:03 PM

71 posts, read 298,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactastica View Post
Reminds me of the time we saw chickens eating bananas while sitting in the banana trees on Kauai - only in Hawaii!

Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,265 times
I was looking for a garage to get my safety check done and found a place Called Wally Ho's Garage & Grill...lol...only in Hawaii!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:45 PM

24 posts, read 121,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
No fishing license required. Fishing is an inherent right.
All beaches are public. No private ownership allowed.
A constantly active volcano.
KTA clerks who carefully tape your egg carton closed before bagging the groceries.
Doors that are never locked; windows that are never closed; houses with neither, just screens.
Asking your neighbors' permission to pick all their plumerias for your daughter's graduation lei, and they graciously and happily agree. Sincerely.
Constant sharing of produce between friends, neighbors, total strangers.

Ahhh... I can't wait to call it home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii