Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:37 PM

890 posts, read 3,704,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ha, that must have been amusing. The only other time I've seen a car with Hawaii plates was once when I was in Maine.
I usually see a set of Hawaii plates here in Portland at least once a month. But back to topic, it seems like the Hawaiian people are exceedingly nice. I've always wanted to go and I will definitely have to now that I've heard such positive things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 01:43 PM

9 posts, read 31,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This was great to read!

This is the first time I've ever looked at the Hawaii forum. It just caught my eye today because lately I've noticed that there is a car driving around town with Hawaiian license plates, and I live in a shore town in New Jersey!

Gee, I hope to visit your state someday. It sounds wonderful.
once you visit hawaii, jersey shore won't be able to fulfill your beach needs anymore. this is coming from a person who vacations down the jersey shore every year.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:13 PM

88,682 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evident View Post
once you visit hawaii, jersey shore won't be able to fulfill your beach needs anymore. this is coming from a person who vacations down the jersey shore every year.
I'm sure you are right!

In the meantime, I'll have to content myself with imported palm trees and just pretend:

Beach at Long Branch NJ | NJ.com

Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM

95 posts, read 296,575 times
Cab drivers making right turns across 3 lanes of traffic going the same direction from the far left lane......

Old 06-01-2010, 07:33 PM

682 posts, read 2,796,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayinhawaii View Post
Cab drivers making left turns across 3 lanes of traffic going the same direction......
Um, no. That happens in every big city. In Boston, the U-turn from a right-turn-only lane is a time-honored tradition, I believe.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 AM

18 posts, read 89,981 times
Great big, huge masculine guys who call their mothers "mommy."

Old 07-23-2010, 11:35 AM

820 posts, read 3,037,808 times
Aunties, still in their nightshirts, outside hand-watering their yard at 6am and waving to neighbors driving off to work.

(Gosh I love it here)

Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 AM

285 posts, read 1,083,910 times
me too

Old 07-23-2010, 06:55 PM

287 posts, read 1,372,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Salsa View Post
(Gosh I love it here)
You can say that again!

Old 07-30-2010, 12:39 PM

820 posts, read 3,037,808 times
Mangos for sale, on a table or wall by the road, outside of someone's house. $1-$2 each on the honor system, with a jar to put your money in. Seeing other people's dollars in there; you can make your own change.

Blonde little girl, with her father, selling coconuts in an empty church parking lot at the corner. $2 each, and she's so happy to be with him that she does a little happy dance every now & then.

An older couple outside of a consignment store, trying to load a heavy bookshelf in their car, when a passing teenager stops to say, "Auntie, please, I like help" and he shoulders the bookshelf neatly in the car. On top of that, he offers to follow them home to help unload it. They decline, but get Auntie gets a respectful cheek-to-cheek touch before they part ways.

Bananas, eggs, mangos, arugula, ulu, tomatoes - all freely exchanged when someone in the neighborhood has extra. Sometimes they just appear on your front porch, like tasty magic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii