Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 09:21 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,588,692 times

Advertisements

I scheduled my second Shringrix vaccination for next week at CVS. Other than a mildly sore arm, I had no reaction to the first. I know that doesn't always mean anything. CVS asked if I wanted to receive my updated Covid Booster at the same time. Again, I only had a mildly sore arm with my other Covid vaccinations.

My questions to anyone who has done this -- are the shots given in different arms and do chances of bad side effects increase by getting both at the same time.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2023, 08:54 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,579 posts, read 81,186,228 times
I did that about a year ago, second Shingrix and Covid booster, one in each arm. I did it on a Friday in case of reactions, but only had two sore arms, the Shingrix worse, and temperature up to 100 the next day. By Sunday just mild sore arms, Monday fine. We are all different, however. My wife did the same, and after the shot she fell asleep for a couple of hours, and the next day just wanted to sleep, but less arm pain, and no fever. If you try it I hope you have mild or no reactions, at least they will both be over with.

Old 05-18-2023, 10:06 AM

17,577 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Should be one per arm

Old 05-18-2023, 10:26 AM

3,047 posts, read 3,315,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
I scheduled my second Shringrix vaccination for next week at CVS. Other than a mildly sore arm, I had no reaction to the first. I know that doesn't always mean anything. CVS asked if I wanted to receive my updated Covid Booster at the same time. Again, I only had a mildly sore arm with my other Covid vaccinations.

My questions to anyone who has done this -- are the shots given in different arms and do chances of bad side effects increase by getting both at the same time.

Thank you.
You can use same or both arms.

With a good nurse should make no difference. One sore arm or two.

For the COVID they may be in a rush to dispense all of the paid for vaccine. Next fall could be different. With the emergency over may pay something for COVID just like flu shot. Depends on what insurance plan you have.

Old 05-18-2023, 02:28 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
My reactions to various Covid-19 vax were mild but noticeable and I'd heard anecdotally that Shingrix reactions tended to be a little more intense, so I opted to space them out by a week or so. Because of that, it didn't matter which arm they used and I don't even recall which now. I did get the most commonly reported Shingrix vax symptoms so it was a good call IMHO.

Old 05-18-2023, 05:15 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,588,692 times
Thanks for the feedback. Since CVS is only a block away from me, I've decided to get them separately.

Old 05-18-2023, 06:12 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,935,359 times
I have posted on this many times,in 11/2021 I got my Moderma booster shot and have two crippled legs,femeral artery nerve damage in groin,femeral nerve damage in legs,doctor says I have to live with it,have not driven car since January 2022 and am homebound since 2022,very painful.

Old 05-19-2023, 04:50 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
I have posted on this many times,in 11/2021 I got my Moderma booster shot and have two crippled legs,femeral artery nerve damage in groin,femeral nerve damage in legs,doctor says I have to live with it,have not driven car since January 2022 and am homebound since 2022,very painful.
Are you saying this is a result of the Moderna shot?

Old 05-19-2023, 02:12 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
Did you get a Shingrix vax at the same time? Potential effects from a combination of the two is what this thread is about.

Old 05-19-2023, 07:23 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
We have our second Shingrix scheduled for when hubby comes back from a work trip. We decided to wait until we get back from another trip 2 weeks later. I got my flu shot last year 2 weeks after getting over Covid and really didn't feel well at all. I had nasty headaches along with pain in my ear so bad I went to the doc, so we are leery about getting anything with the Covid shot.

Had sore arms along with swelling several day with the first Shingrix and I have heard the second one can be a stronger reaction, thus the wait until after his trip. Also had sore arm with large lump and low grade fever with the last Covid bivalent booster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance