Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I do it for a couple reasons:

1) Sometimes the lights are the kind that only change if they view a car there--i'm never sure if it knows I'm waiting or not.
2) In bad traffic, I creep up to allow more cars to fit in the turn lane or whatever.
3) I'm bored. I drive a stick shift, it's mildly amusing to inch up.
LOL I like the last one. All valid reasons. I occassionally do it by accident or if I think the light is about to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,338,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
LOL....weeeeeeeell
LOL. I think I'll walk, thanks.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,752 times
[quote=CaliTerp07;14540273]I do it for a couple reasons:

1) Sometimes the lights are the kind that only change if they view a car there--i'm never sure if it knows I'm waiting or not.

I understand that reason completely. I mean the ones who inch up that are like 4 or 5 cars behind the first car at the stoplight. They are not doing it to make the light go green.
To annoy them I'll move up as well and then they move up....its hillarious.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:07 AM

63 posts, read 165,673 times
i used to have really bad road rage (i started driving in Jersey, its practically taught in drivers ed ) but as time went by i learned to just let go of my anger and shrug it off.

if i had an SO who had awful road rage it would raise a red flag. i would keep an eye out and make sure that other drivers were the only thing that made them lose their temper and it wasnt something characteristic of them. i wouldnt want to be involved with someone who loses their temper easily.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:09 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
LOL. I think I'll walk, thanks.
In my defense, I have gotten better over the years. I don't throw things at other cars or get out of mine to curse others out......so I'm growing up!

Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Do you have road rage? I do. I have no idea why other drivers irrate me so much and why I take it so personally. If you do have road rage does it bother your SO? Also lets all list your driving pet peeves. I have so many:

1. tailgaters....mostly those tailgaters who are tailgating you when you are already going over the speed limit by 10km.

2. driverws who cut you off and then drive slow in front of you.

3. drivers who speed especially in a residential area where there are kids playing everywhere

4. drivers who don't know how to merge

5. drivers who are at a stoplight and the light has been red for 2 minutes and you are behind them and then for no reason they move their care up a few inches and the light is still red....psychos
I wouldnt say it puts me in a rage but all annoy me except 5.

My ex used to tailgate, in my car, in heavy city traffic and it would drive me nuts. But on the open road or interstate he was a slooowwww driver. I was usually pissed by the time we got any where so I started doing most of the driving. Once we were were traveling the interstate speed limit 70. He was following a semi at 55. I finially had to say something and he explained if you follow the semi's you wont get a ticket. I think I screamed but the frigin speed limit is 70 and your going 55!

Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 AM

83 posts, read 147,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Do you have road rage? I do. I have no idea why other drivers irrate me so much and why I take it so personally. If you do have road rage does it bother your SO? Also lets all list your driving pet peeves. I have so many:

1. tailgaters....mostly those tailgaters who are tailgating you when you are already going over the speed limit by 10km.

2. driverws who cut you off and then drive slow in front of you.

3. drivers who speed especially in a residential area where there are kids playing everywhere

4. drivers who don't know how to merge

5. drivers who are at a stoplight and the light has been red for 2 minutes and you are behind them and then for no reason they move their care up a few inches and the light is still red....psychos
I am guilty of #5. I usually do it when my foot or ankle feels 'cramped' (e.g. been driving for an hour), and I ease off the brake at a stop light to get some relief

Didn't know other drivers could get bothered by it.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 AM

236 posts, read 389,946 times
I have terrible road rage

I have to say what annoys me the most is elderly drivers. I swear they need to have a law stating once you are 65 and entitled to Medicare your license should be revoked (sorry to all the able and strong 65+ year olds) but they are the worst. They drive slow in front of you, never let you get around, stop suddenly, never make a right on red, and i can go on and on and on and on....... I cannot tell you how many times an older person has almost hit me because they cannot steady themselves while driving.

I also hate when ppl blown as soon as the light turns green, like really can I move my foot from the brake to the gas?

Another thing (lol) I hate is when ppl drive under the speed limit in the fast lane and get an attitude when you speed around them, just get out the fast lane!

Last thing I will list is I hate drivers who (on a side street) stop suddenly in front of you for whatever reason, double park and never leave enough space for you to pass and get mad at you for blowing your horn for them to move the hell out of the way!

Owww, I feel good letting the rage be heard, lol.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:45 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESSNOTICE View Post
I have terrible road rage

I have to say what annoys me the most is elderly drivers. I swear they need to have a law stating once you are 65 and entitled to Medicare your license should be revoked (sorry to all the able and strong 65+ year olds) but they are the worst. They drive slow in front of you, never let you get around, stop suddenly, never make a right on red, and i can go on and on and on and on....... I cannot tell you how many times an older person has almost hit me because they cannot steady themselves while driving.

I also hate when ppl blown as soon as the light turns green, like really can I move my foot from the brake to the gas?

Another thing (lol) I hate is when ppl drive under the speed limit in the fast lane and get an attitude when you speed around them, just get out the fast lane!

Last thing I will list is I hate drivers who (on a side street) stop suddenly in front of you for whatever reason, double park and never leave enough space for you to pass and get mad at you for blowing your horn for them to move the hell out of the way!

Owww, I feel good letting the rage be heard, lol.
Oh I don't know, I think traffic court is full of all ages and both genders. Some statistics say teen-age girls are among the worst.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:51 AM

236 posts, read 389,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Oh I don't know, I think traffic court is full of all ages and both genders. Some statistics say teen-age girls are among the worst.
I say that because most of the time they are the ones that do the things that make the rage come out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness