Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 07:27 AM

575 posts, read 3,131,712 times

Advertisements

So since lastweek I've noticed my hands have been peeling. first at the finger tips and then down the finger and now on the palms. It doesn't hurt or anything..its like the skin turns white in patches as if its dead and then it just peels off. At the same time I've noticed red spots appearing on the inside of my arm and back of the hand and has now spread to my legs(mostly around ankles) and some spots on the torso. They dont itch, are not sore or anything like that. I visited the GP and they said its from the sore throat I had and then sent me on my way.
A week or two prior I did have a really bad sore throat but told it would clear. All my research ive done online shows its linked to strep. Anyone else have these symptoms before and how long do they last?? I will make another visit to the gp and ask to be tested for strep so I can get the proper antibiotics if its still in me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 09:23 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,752 times
Google psoriasis. That's what I have. I get the white patches too.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:47 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times
I get a little black dot, that you can't see unless you're -really- looking closely. And then a day later, it turns into dried skin raised over fresh skin (sort of like a blister but with nothing in it), and it eventually cracks open and peels off. I get this on the pad of my left hand right around where the fingers extend out. No pain, no swelling, no itch, no blood. It -seems- to correspond with my stress levels, so I'm assuming it's just a generic stress-related eczema.

I don't treat it, because it isn't causing me any trouble. It just comes and goes. It's like the dust on the furniture: it doesn't bother me, so I don't bother it.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:18 AM

575 posts, read 3,131,712 times
Well the white patches or not scaley. Its as if you burn your hand, the skin turns white and then comes off..thats really want it looks like but its only on the fingers/palm of my hand..it doesn't look that great but the skin underneath is good. The spots on my skin i was told could be guttate psoriasis..which is mostly attributed to throat infections and I hope will clear up soon..its not that bad compared to cases ive googled. I bought some Dead Sea Salt and will take a bath in that tonight as it is supposed to help. Any idea how long these type of symptoms will last, has anyone ever had this after a throat infection?

Old 10-25-2010, 03:57 AM

14 posts, read 38,266 times
I think you don't need to consult to a doctor & must take proper treatment..

Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,575,664 times
My grandson does exactly that when he has strep throat. When his hands start peeling they know he has strep and take him to the doctor..

Another grandson's hands does that when he had to use hand sanitizer at school and he had to get a note from the doctor that he couldn't use it for the school..

Old 10-25-2010, 07:15 AM

523 posts, read 3,804,633 times
the symptoms you describe are very common after streptococcal throat infection, and generally last no more than a couple of weeks. meanwhile, there is nothing specifically that can be done, although some people find moisturising lotion helpful.

if things persist after this, or get worse, you need to go back to your doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness