Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 PM

275 posts, read 178,529 times

Advertisements

I have this rash and have had it for several years its on my upper thighs across under my stomach and around to my buttocks...its brownish and its flaky and itches sometimes a lot...I have no clue as to what it is? Its annoying and not very nice to look at...anyone care to help me figure this out? Need to make Dr Apt but life is very busy right now.I will post a pic of it if I can get my camera to work...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 12:35 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Jock itch? If it smells bad and the rash feels wet sometimes, it might be jock itch. You can buy sprays or creams OTC for it, or treat it with the same cream that treats a vaginal yeast infection, just rubbed into the rash.

If it's just dry and flaky, that could be inverse psoriasis. If you google it, you can find pictures that you can compare your rash to.

I have inverse psoriasis and when it gets bad, sometimes it will develop a yeast-type rash on top of the psoriasis. My doc prescribed an anti-fungal powder to use when that happens.

Whatever you have, washing it twice a day with soap and water will probably help. So will making sure the whole area is dry a couple of times a day...that keeps yeast from growing, if it's a yeast rash. You can use a blow dryer on a cool setting or just put the rash in front of a fan and let it dry. If it's a dry rash, putting vaseline on it after you wash and dry it may help, but don't use vaseline if it's a wet rash.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Unless we have a dermatologist on the board and you submit pics we will be just guessing what your condition is.
I had something similar a few years ago, the dermatologist took a biopsy and discovered my rash was a fungal affair, a prescription for a very expensive drug called Sporanox cured the problem in a month..

Old 11-05-2013, 09:04 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Years?

Old 11-05-2013, 10:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I didnt have the condition for years, i had it a few years ago.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:26 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
The OP says he has had it for years.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:41 AM

107 posts, read 558,909 times
Sounds, like a jock itch, which is a fungal infection, but without an image, I'm only guessing. A general doctor should be able to diagnose it. For jock itch, OTC creams are available in pharmacies.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:01 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper View Post
I have this rash and have had it for several years its on my upper thighs across under my stomach and around to my buttocks...its brownish and its flaky and itches sometimes a lot...I have no clue as to what it is? Its annoying and not very nice to look at...anyone care to help me figure this out? Need to make Dr Apt but life is very busy right now.I will post a pic of it if I can get my camera to work...
Okay so life is very busy right now. What was your reason for not going years ago when it first started? Surely in the past few years, you've had an HOUR to spend at the Doctor's office.

Your doctor can tell you what's wrong. You should go to the doctor anyway - you're overdue for your yearly checkup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness