Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 04:46 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Sure doesn't look like ganglion cyst to me and the poster has not replied in some time. Things just appear and never hurt and some go away and some not.
This thread was started by a woman about six years ago. She made two post and never posted again. Perhaps she should have gone to her doctor instead of posting; it must have been fatal! Hopefully, for her, I just kidding.

I have a ganglion cyst on my right thumb. It got large and now it is receding. As far as I know; I have not done anything to affect it's size. I did smack it hard by accident; but I do not think that the hit affected the cyst. To me the biggest difference between the OP's pictures and my cyst is that mine looks as if the skin is stretched over the cyst. Even now that it is smaller; the skin still looks stretched. But people should not take chances with any growths and should seek medical advice. We can only post our personal experiences and what is good for us; might not be great for others. It is always best to get 'professional' advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 537 times
Ah ! guys its just a knuckle pad!! Stanaz mentions that they mess with it frequently and rub it and sometimes the skin layers get off and thats exactly what i would do!! all of yall are not alone lol
i used to have a knuckle pad right on my finger too and since i would never stop messing with it it would always be red and look gross its not anything serious at all! and sorry to say but the only way to get rid of it is to stop touching it. I had the knuckle pad for about 2 years (because of anxiety, i would rub it to calm my self down) and it takes about a year (give or take) for it to go away completely. So there you go! its not anything serious but if youre still feeling scared you can go to your doctor!

Old 11-18-2018, 10:42 PM

1 posts, read 389 times
I have the same thing, but im pretty sure it's just a writer's bump.

Old 11-19-2018, 02:27 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
I had one about the size of a dime on my thumb for many years. It was squishy, movable with no pain. But it was ugly and was getting bigger. I went to the hand surgeon who surgically removed it and some yellow colored glop came out. He sent it to the lab, and said no problems. It was a lipoma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness