Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,695,826 times

Advertisements

I believe you can have surgery to repair that for good. Hemmorhoids will flare back up if no repaired. I have no clue how risky surgery is though. Good luck, feel better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,320 times
FWIW, at the first 'hint?' apply pressure to the specific area with a finger and hold it there for a while to assist the blood to slowly dissipate back into the body, and do this as often as feasable from the outset. You should be right in 24 hours or so. Worked for me on several occasions many moons ago anyway, and don't do anything that doesn't adequately support the 'back end' area.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
I had something similar, a couple of anal fissures, both internal and external. Doctor said they are common, just sometimes they do not heal up.

I had problems for years with pain and swelling and blood during a BM.

Had 1 hour outpatient surgery that fixed the whole problem.

If the Doctor just drained your Hem, them it is still there. You will most likely have further problems......If you do, I would recommend surgery.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:48 AM

961 posts, read 2,026,006 times
Will I ever be able to do full body/lower body weights or run again (I do sprint intervals once a week, other than that I just walk briskly)?

I was told I can return to gym in two weeks, but the assessments here are grim. I look well and truly screwed, pretty depressing, I'm an active guy, haven't been sick in five years, and I'm not "old" per se but I suppose c'est la vie.

(BTW: I understand exercising prevents hemmarhoids, but if you have hemmarhoids you can't exercise.....?)

Old 06-07-2011, 10:48 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
You can switch to swimming or pool exercises if you can't go back to your old routine. Not the same but still some good exercise. Of course, if you're one of those who just has to look - whatever they call it - all over muscled, you are screwed.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 AM

961 posts, read 2,026,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
You can switch to swimming or pool exercises if you can't go back to your old routine. Not the same but still some good exercise. Of course, if you're one of those who just has to look - whatever they call it - all over muscled, you are screwed.
Overmuscled is hard given that I stated I'm only lifting twice a week (total weekly gym time is 1 hour). There's benefits to strength training outside of vanity, any "improvements" in looks are just a bonus!

BTW, I suspect I know what happened. I used to be one of those (as in until last Friday) that strained during BM, and that strained on the loo, and I wasn't drinking enough water.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:12 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post
Overmuscled is hard given that I stated I'm only lifting twice a week (total weekly gym time is 1 hour). There's benefits to strength training outside of vanity, any "improvements" in looks are just a bonus!

BTW, I suspect I know what happened. I used to be one of those (as in until last Friday) that strained during BM, and that strained on the loo, and I wasn't drinking enough water.

Bingo, I think you've learned what you now need to do or not do. My mom hasn't had another flare up since she had her clot issue. Her life seems to be back to normal. Just do what you do and be mindful of the amount of water you drink and the straining. Life is too short to worry about what might happen........

Old 06-07-2011, 11:27 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
I had a thrombosed one exactly one year ago, I left it alone and it took six weeks to go away. Once the clot went away I believe it left a fissure which causes discomfort occasionally. I never actually see or feel a hemorrhoid down there anymore.

My hemorrhoid was caused by a bout of diarrhea (I have mild IBS-d). I make sure now to try to keep my IBS under control with medication. One thing that helps is squatting when you "go", just Google squat toilets and you'll understand why. I used to use the wet aloe wipes, but I like Cottenelle TP folded up and moistened, it doesn't fall to pieces when wet like other brands. Make sure to blot, not wipe. Some chilled witch hazel may help too.

Get yourself some Butchers Broom herb, it helps strengthen veins and it's also used in some countries to prevent clots after surgeries.

My best advice is to take it easy, lie down and stay off your feet as much as possible until it calms down.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,583 times
External hemorrhoids can be very dangerous, consult a hemorrhoid Doctor immediately. You will need surgery to take them out, but it will be very painful so I suggest that you to do a little research on the internet before taking the procedure. Moderator cut: no ads allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-19-2011 at 12:55 PM..

Old 08-19-2011, 08:20 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
They are not dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness