Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:34 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times

Advertisements

I didn't know where else to place this thread on citydata so Health & Wellsness should suffice.

I shop at Safeway here in Portland, Oregon. I would like to ask people's opinon on people putting their dog, in the shopping cart when they shop. To me it is disgusting and unhealthy. It leaves one with a very unappealing feeling, when it comes to putting your food in the cart. A shopping cart is for grocery's and nothing else. The carts are not fitted with a child's seat so the dog is in the area where one puts food items. I like dogs as much as the next person, but not in the store and not in a cart that I put food in. A number of fools in this store, went up to these people and admired their dogs and how cute they were. A rather disrespectul crowd and inconsiderate of other people I think. If anyone is familiar with the rather large percentage of oddballs in this particular city, then perhaps you can understand my disgust.

This store was on the news last year several times, for complaints made about animals in the store. Dogs jumping up on the meat counters and sniffing the packages. Or they were doing their duty in the aisle. People were bringing in rabbits in thier coat pockets and pet snakes and mice in their coat sleeves. Again this city has some very strange residents, the likes of I have never seen elsewhere in the USA.

I complained to the manager then as well as tonight, and just got a "Well we will bleach it down" Like they will know what cart it is. My response was why is this foolishness even allowed. Why does Safeway allow this at this particular location and others in Portland. I don't see it elsewhere in the USA. I don't think many cities or states would allow all these animals in food stores, especially in the cart.

Sorry for the rant but this city and its sicko ways make me sick, and I cant' wait to leave the end of this year. Its one weird thing after another in Portland and this would be on the mild end. When you can't even go to a large chain grocery store for what they are intended for. Shopping for groceries. Not a battle with worthless types over this crap.

Unfortunately this is the only grocery store in this neighborhood. An innercity neighborhood so many of us do not own cars to shop elsewhere.

Thanks.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Just what kind of dogs are these?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
. People were bringing in rabbits in thier coat pockets and pet snakes and mice in their coat sleeves. .
Wow, apparently I had totally skipped this part... WTF!!!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 09:40 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Wow, apparently I had totally skipped this part... WTF!!!!!
I think the story is a bit embellished

Old 03-17-2011, 09:45 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
I didn't know where else to place this thread on citydata so Health & Wellsness should suffice.

I shop at Safeway here in Portland, Oregon. I would like to ask people's opinon on people putting their dog, in the shopping cart when they shop. To me it is disgusting and unhealthy. It leaves one with a very unappealing feeling, when it comes to putting your food in the cart. A shopping cart is for grocery's and nothing else. The carts are not fitted with a child's seat so the dog is in the area where one puts food items. I like dogs as much as the next person, but not in the store and not in a cart that I put food in. A number of fools in this store, went up to these people and admired their dogs and how cute they were. A rather disrespectul crowd and inconsiderate of other people I think. If anyone is familiar with the rather large percentage of oddballs in this particular city, then perhaps you can understand my disgust.

This store was on the news last year several times, for complaints made about animals in the store. Dogs jumping up on the meat counters and sniffing the packages. Or they were doing their duty in the aisle. People were bringing in rabbits in thier coat pockets and pet snakes and mice in their coat sleeves. Again this city has some very strange residents, the likes of I have never seen elsewhere in the USA.

I complained to the manager then as well as tonight, and just got a "Well we will bleach it down" Like they will know what cart it is. My response was why is this foolishness even allowed. Why does Safeway allow this at this particular location and others in Portland. I don't see it elsewhere in the USA. I don't think many cities or states would allow all these animals in food stores, especially in the cart.

Sorry for the rant but this city and its sicko ways make me sick, and I cant' wait to leave the end of this year. Its one weird thing after another in Portland and this would be on the mild end. When you can't even go to a large chain grocery store for what they are intended for. Shopping for groceries. Not a battle with worthless types over this crap.

Unfortunately this is the only grocery store in this neighborhood. An innercity neighborhood so many of us do not own cars to shop elsewhere.

Thanks.
Perhaps you should move sooner if you hate the place that much?
How do you feel about children in carts? Keep in mind they could have poopy diapers and probably do have snotty noses and they stick their fingers up their noses then touch the carts. And lets not forget the constant coughing I hear from the little rug rats.
I'll take a cart that's had a dog in it thank you very much.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:45 PM

Wow that was fast I just hit the post button. One was a very fluffy looking type dog maybe a Chow. It was a good size dog. The other was a Yellow Lab mabye 6 months or so. That one was cute I admit but the cart is no place to carry it around.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
How do you feel about children in carts? Keep in mind they could have poopy diapers and probably do have snotty noses and they stick their fingers up their noses then touch the carts.

Eeeeeewwww!!!! Kids are gross too!

Old 03-17-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I think the story is a bit embellished

No it is not. This grocery store has been on the news at least 4 times because of this. So has the Rite Aid and most shops in this neighborhood. The news reported this neighborhood is allowed dogs in businesses, because they are very much a part of the local culture in this neighborhood.. YOu can look it up. The Pearl District in Portland. Dog Hotels, Dog botiques, everywhere even the neighborhood hosital allows this. The population is alternative type people and high paid Young Urban Professionals. It is not your average American neighborhood.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Wow that was fast I just hit the post button. One was a very fluffy looking type dog maybe a Chow. It was a good size dog. The other was a Yellow Lab mabye 6 months or so. That one was cute I admit but the cart is no place to carry it around.
This is really strange, I've never seen this sort of thing. But I understand why this would concern you.

The only dogs I've actually seen in stores have been small dogs in women's purses, and even that's a bit much...!

Old 03-17-2011, 09:51 PM

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness