Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 04:00 PM

219 posts, read 331,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by key4lp View Post
Litigation is not limited to those in the medical profession. I mentioned that I nor those I knew sued but
looking back at what some doctors did we should have. Fortunately after going through a revolving door
of doctors, I have found some excellent ones who do not fear their patients because they are excellent
at what they do. What a shame to teach fear.
Having relatives who are doctors I am well aware of the process to become a doctor.
It IS a shame to teach fear. The doctor-patient relationship should be one of mutual trust and cooperation. Even excellent doctors fear some of their patients. Some patients cannot be satisfied. Some patients are mentally unstable. There are even patients who have nothing wrong with them who go to the doctor with the intention of creating legal suits.

If you have relatives who are doctors do they know that you do not respect their profession?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 04:35 PM

486 posts, read 863,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swack View Post
It IS a shame to teach fear. The doctor-patient relationship should be one of mutual trust and cooperation. Even excellent doctors fear some of their patients. Some patients cannot be satisfied. Some patients are mentally unstable. There are even patients who have nothing wrong with them who go to the doctor with the intention of creating legal suits.

If you have relatives who are doctors do they know that you do not respect their profession?
Since they live other states, who do you think has guided me. Where did I say I don't respect
the profession? Read all the posts I made. If you have been blessed and never had a bad
experience, botched surgery, a wrong diagnosis, given wrong medication etc. then good for you.
Or perhaps you are married to a doctor or are a physician who is defending all doctors including the bad ones.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Since they live other states, who do you think has guided me. Where did I say I don't respect the profession? Read all the posts I made. If you have been blessed and never had a bad
experience, botched surgery, a wrong diagnosis, given wrong medication etc. then good for you.
Or perhaps you are married to a doctor or are a physician who is defending all doctors including the bad ones.
Here are some of your previous posts from this thread.

Quote:
Why do some of these doctors think we're all so stupid and beneath them?
Quote:
Agree with a second opinion...but what about a refund from the previous numb nut?
Quote:
Precisely. ^^^^I did "fire" but really I ran like a cat out of hell with some of the doctors I've had. Unfortunately, they got paid by me and my insurance company no refunds. Since I was a teacher I had many students who were children of doctors. Most went into medical school and became doctors.....frightening since they couldn't write, retain information and some were just plain goofy. Even though they were nice, if I ever saw them walking in as a patient, I think I'd request my last rights by a priest. Just applying to medical schools can cost thousands of dollars. Some applications start from $500.00 and up. Students who apply have to send several applications.....so who do people think is applying? Granted there are exceptions but the majority are those from wealthy families, many of whom are doctors, and since their parents are doctors they certainly have an advantage - clout and an inside recommendation.
I may be reading too much over the internet, but it sounds to me like you are bashing not only doctors, but your own students..

Old 05-08-2013, 05:15 AM

486 posts, read 863,071 times
Quote:
Just browsing on CD health forum, I can see people seeking answers for some serious medical problems.
If it is a serious problem then please see a doctor.
I do understand a doctor's frustration with internet information. However, not all patients do that. As an
educated professional I expect a doctor to be thorough and listen as well as read all the forms I filled out
about my medical history. Luckily, I did find physicians who did listen and were
very knowledgeable and also agreed that the others who did the damage were wrong.
Quote:
Good, a doctor with courage, kudos to Dr. Makary. I have mentioned in other health posts an extensive investigation by
Of course everyone should get a second opinion and research the hospital, physicians and surgeons but that is not as easy
I am very well informed and I will also say this....there have been some doctors (not all) who get offended if you ask
questions - communication on their terms only.

[quote=Swack;29470139]Here are some of your previous posts from this thread.

Dr. Swack,
The CD health forum was not exclusively designed as a source to rate evey one in health care with
only positive remarks. We are sharing some of our experiences here. Since you are a doctor I suppose
you feel you have to defend them but I never said I dislike all doctors or never to see a doctor.
Why are my posts bothering you? Am I hitting a nerve?
You don't need to respond, just continue helping others on your particular threads.

Last edited by key4lp; 05-08-2013 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: erro

Old 05-08-2013, 10:58 PM

I never said everyone in healthcare should be rated with positive marks. I never said healthcare is perfect. I never said healthcare workers do not make mistakes.

All I offered was some perspective from the "other side." I tried to provide some insight into why mistakes happen and what doctors are thinking when they make mistakes. I thought that people would actually be interested in hearing it. However it seems like all anyone wants to do is vent their own experiences on how terrible healthcare/doctors are for some online affirmation.

This is a forum and therefore ALL viewpoints should be considered and discussed. There are at least 2 sides to every argument/conflict and a fair discussion should involve both sides. This thread has been very one-sided and has been littered with healthcare/doctor bashing. You are entitled to your opinions and experiences as I am to mine. I understand that in any healthy debate, both sides can become passionate and even heated. To a point, I think this is good to stimulate thoughtful analysis.

You ask why your posts are bothering me? You called a doctor you don't even know a numbnut and you stated that some of the students you had were so incompetent you would be terrified of them. Then you claim that wealthy families are unfairly giving their kids an advantage to become doctors, implying that they are incompetent as well.

You say these things and wonder why I am offended? Can you imagine if I said the same things about teachers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness