Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:46 AM

349 posts, read 422,719 times

Advertisements

I can't stand it when people bring up the idea of "Eating clean". Yea, healthy stuff is better for you but you can lose weight and live a healthy active lifestyle with some "dirty foods". I have been eating Mcdonalds, Cinnamon rolls, coke etc etc along with healthy stuff for 6 months and I went down from 226 to 185 all while going hard in the gym and at work.

Living purely off of fast/processed/frozen foods however is unhealthy.. I don't know how people at my work function by having a Twix bar and a coke for lunch.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:48 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
In my opinion, the logic used is really simple to understand.

Assume that you study very large group of people over a long period of time. You don't ask anything else about them except how much red meat they consume.

The results of your study are:

The group consuming the most red meat has the highest levels of cancer and heart disease.

The group consuming the least red meat has the lowest levels of cancer and heart disease.

Your conclusion. Red meat is the most likely cause.

Other potential factors are not important in this test, because there will be many variables, and those variables are likely equally distributed amongst the entire study group. Some will eat more vegetables, some less vegetables, some will drink soda, some wont, some will get a lot of exercise, some wont, some will smoke, some wont, some will be genetically prone to disease, some wont. So even with all the other possible causes of disease, you can isolate the one cause, and draw your conclusion based on it alone, as long as you use a large enough sample of people.

Spend a little time thinking about the above logic, before you respond.

"eaters of red meat" include the guy who gulps a cheeseburger and swills a six pack of beer.

"Vegetarians" are almost exclusively people who 'watch what they eat' 'exercise' etc.

Same with vegans, and other strict diets.

Hardly scientific or comparable.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
eating clean should be decoupled from weight loss goals.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:21 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,451 times
Eating red meat has no benefits whatsoever.

Cut out that and white sugar. Add lots of veggies and fruits. Them move on to chicken. A really dirty food that has been linked to cancer.

Milk? Unless it's your mother's, get rid of it.

If you do this you will be on your way to eating clean.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:57 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,837 times
Clean = minimally processed and nutrient dense, IMO. I eat clean 85-90% of the time. That's more than enough room to get all essential nutrients and maximize positive health factors. No reason to hold back from indulging a little here and there.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:42 AM

12 posts, read 25,176 times
i think you cant eat clean 100% of the rest of your life but as long as its most of the time, thats good enough. You gotta enjoy treats and life sometimes!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Eating red meat has no benefits whatsoever.

Cut out that and white sugar. Add lots of veggies and fruits. Them move on to chicken. A really dirty food that has been linked to cancer.

Milk? Unless it's your mother's, get rid of it.

If you do this you will be on your way to eating clean.

Not sure if serious...

Red meat has tons of protein, fats and vitamins essential for human beings.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:41 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,630 times
Quote:
Not sure if serious...

Red meat has tons of protein, fats and vitamins essential for human beings.
I agree. As someone who went strict vegetarian for three months, I saw no improvement in my health. In fact, I gained weight because I ate more carbs. Eating red meat in moderation is necessary for my diet!! Anyone wanting to drop lbs - carb cycle!

Old 08-26-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
I agree. As someone who went strict vegetarian for three months, I saw no improvement in my health. In fact, I gained weight because I ate more carbs. Eating red meat in moderation is necessary for my diet!! Anyone wanting to drop lbs - carb cycle!
I don't quite get why people god vegan/vegetarian in order to better their health or to lose weight. Many of these people find themselves lacking vital nutrients and vitamins such as zinc, iron, protein etc..

The meat causes cancer fiasco is just a bunch of BS. Every food is linked to cancer these days according to "studies".

Old 08-26-2013, 11:17 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,630 times
Quote:
The meat causes cancer fiasco is just a bunch of BS. Every food is linked to cancer these days according to "studies".
Isn't that the truth?! The air is bad for us too...what are we going to do? Walk around wearing oxygen masks?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness