Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 36,518 times

Advertisements

Somebody please help, I'm about to burn my house down. For the past two weeks I've been waking up with 3 - 4 fresh bites a day. They all started on my left arm and were in no pattern. They start small, then eventually swell and blister. I've stripped my room from top to bottom and have found no evidence of bed bugs (droppings, blood stains, eggs, etc). I've sprayed thoroughly, threw all my clothes outside (currently -30C) and today an exterminator came for an inspection and couldn't find a thing. I continue to be bit even if I sleep on the couch. Having left the doctor puzzled I've since been referred to a dermatologist but I don't think I can take another night of this.
Attached Thumbnails
Nighttime Bug Bites Please Help. Can't Find a Thing!!-hd-wallpapers-degeneration-burning-house-wallpaper  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Do you have very clean, white sheets (if not, get some, it will let you know if you have bedbugs)???? Look very closely at those sheets......do you see any dark purple/black splotches on your sheets........if you do, that means you have bedbugs.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:58 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
In early infestations of bedbugs, the evidence may be impossible to detect.
Cold won't do it if that is what they are....neither does spraying with anything much sold in regular stores.
Put all your bedding in the wash on hottest settings and in the dryer. Heat is what does it.
If the bug(s) is a bedbug(s) and if you're lucky enough that it's staying in the bedclothes, you should notice a difference.
Unfortunately, the seams in the mattress is likely but there are covers made for that....only the good ones are worth the money.
They also hide out in places near the bed and I have read that one might travel as far as 20 feet to take a meal.
It's usually suggested not to move to other places to sleep since you might just be giving them a ride to other parts of the house.
If you really have bedbugs, you may end up having a worse problem before you can identify it.
You could also be getting spider bites.
Here's hoping you have some lesser problem that the doctor can identify and treat.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:41 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
One time I took my daughter to the doctor because she was waking up with bug bites on her legs. He said they were mosquito bites and told us to go home and look for a water leak. Sure enough, there was a leak in the wall behind her bedroom closet.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:06 AM

9,283 posts, read 14,890,077 times
You could, while waiting for the dermatologist appt, take a good photo of your bites and then compare the picture to rash and bug bite sites on the internet. Just google them up. You should find photos that help with identification of bites and rashes.

Here's one site to start with. http://www.webmd.com/allergies/ss/slideshow-bad-bugs

Old 06-24-2014, 03:01 AM

1 posts, read 35,883 times
I think you have mites. I had a terrible infestation I got from buying a used car. These mites are such a nightmare and there is so little help for them! Of course the doc told me I was nuts and I spent a fortune on stupid solutions. I ended up treating my home, car and office myself with Greenbug. The first fogging treatment seemed to rile them up but the second really knocked them back. I did one more treatment at home to be sure and twice more in the car. I am thrilled to say that after dealing with this for more than 6 months, after using the Greenbug, I am now 3 months symptom free. It was an effort to treat but well worth it!

Old 10-31-2018, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 12,376 times
For weeks now everytime we sleep on the love seat or couch we get bit we don’t know what it is we’ve even got bit when we’re awake but no signs of a bug we do have pets but only saw a flea one time months ago search our furniture a couple different times I was thinking bedbugs but for months we don’t see a fea or a bed bug we are night owls as well no bugs what can we being bit bye they look like flea bites or bud bugs can not figure it out help

Old 11-01-2018, 12:02 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Could be chiggers (mites) or something else. Read here for helpful information:
Invisible Bugs That Crawl and Bite You Can't See

Old 11-03-2018, 02:13 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Call exterminator, don't ask us

Old 11-03-2018, 04:09 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charitys71977 View Post
For weeks now everytime we sleep on the love seat or couch we get bit we don’t know what it is we’ve even got bit when we’re awake but no signs of a bug we do have pets but only saw a flea one time months ago search our furniture a couple different times I was thinking bedbugs but for months we don’t see a fea or a bed bug we are night owls as well no bugs what can we being bit bye they look like flea bites or bud bugs can not figure it out help
Those little black marks called punctuation might help quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness