Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 04:28 AM

861 posts, read 1,336,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraychick01 View Post
An Epi pen is epinephrine and you can only get it by Rx. So yes, you must see a doctor in order to get one which I highly suggest you do ASAP. And stop running all together until you see a doc. Anaphylaxis is nothing to mess around with if that is indeed what you have. It can kill you.

Yeah, I understand it's a deadly condition, nearly dying from it. I did stop running in the evening so haven't had an episode since. But I know now to immediately stop running when I get early symptoms such as tingling and hives and take Benadryl with me. Epi pen has to wait until I get insurance.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:43 AM

50,806 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
Well, the attacks have happened at couple different places.... at home and at a mountain nearby. What they do have in common is they happened at night..... soon after dinner.
Right, so have you even tried the advice you've been giving of running before you eat??

Why do you ask what we think if you're just going to defend your position and dismiss everything we say, except the one post out of dozens that backs you up?

Old 04-15-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Right, so have you even tried the advice you've been giving of running before you eat??

Why do you ask what we think if you're just going to defend your position and dismiss everything we say, except the one post out of dozens that backs you up?

I do run before I eat.... in the morning and afternoon.... which is why I skip breakfast and lunch.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:13 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
Since anaphylactic shock often leads to death, good luck.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:26 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times
Quote:
Yeah, I understand it's a deadly condition, nearly dying from it. I did stop running in the evening so haven't had an episode since. But I know now to immediately stop running when I get early symptoms such as tingling and hives and take Benadryl with me. Epi pen has to wait until I get insurance.
You didn't nearly die from it. You didn't even call 911. Given your weight and lack of physical fitness I'd say you were blotchy and really out of breath. You are mistaking common symptoms of someone who is out of shape and turning it into something deadly. Most likely you were going to pass out because you were not breathing correctly while "running/facebooking/playing on your phone". If your really worried go see a doctor.

As someone who truly has a VERY RARE disease you're crying wolf is annoying. When/if someone has symptoms of a truly rare disease they don't play around. You search doctor to doctor until you get the answers you need no matter the cost especially if the issue is potentially fatal.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
You didn't nearly die from it. You didn't even call 911. Given your weight and lack of physical fitness I'd say you were blotchy and really out of breath. You are mistaking common symptoms of someone who is out of shape and turning it into something deadly. Most likely you were going to pass out because you were not breathing correctly while "running/facebooking/playing on your phone". If your really worried go see a doctor.

As someone who truly has a VERY RARE disease you're crying wolf is annoying. When/if someone has symptoms of a truly rare disease they don't play around. You search doctor to doctor until you get the answers you need no matter the cost especially if the issue is potentially fatal.

I've been an athlete all my life.... played football & basketball, was on the swim team, been running for years. Just because I am a little overweight doesn't mean I am out of shape.

The point is, I know when I'm out of breath and when I'm having a serious medical issue. Does being out of breath cause HIVES to break out all over my body? Does being out of breath cause my face to SWELL UP? Does being out of breath cause me to PASS OUT repeatedly? Does being out of breath cause my vision to BLACK OUT?

I don't think so.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:42 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times
Quote:
I've been an athlete all my life.... played football & basketball, was on the swim team, been running for years. Just because I am a little overweight doesn't mean I am out of shape.

The point is, I know when I'm out of breath and when I'm having a serious medical issue. Does being out of breath cause HIVES to break out all over my body? Does being out of breath cause my face to SWELL UP? Does being out of breath cause me to PASS OUT repeatedly? Does being out of breath cause my vision to BLACK OUT?

I don't think so.
Yet you didn't call 911? FYI your BMI is not slightly overweight.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Yet you didn't call 911? FYI your BMI is not slightly overweight.
When should I have dialed 911? While passing out or while laying unconscious on the ground?

Even if I could dial 911, I wouldn't have. Because I had no idea what was happening or how serious it was. It took many many hours of researching to finally realize I could have died.

Does BMI take in to account that I am very muscular and can bench press 300 pounds?

Like I said, I can run 5 miles then hike for 4 hours straight without needing to rest. And swim for a mile without stopping. I doubt many people with lower BMI can do that. Not saying I don't need to lose some weight but to suggest that I am out of shape is ridiculous.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:45 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
This thread is going nowhere and is now closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness