Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 02:44 PM

774 posts, read 906,671 times

Advertisements

Another gastroenterologist tells me I have no problem

Meanwhile my stool comes out a little then backs up, this has been going on since late Dec.

How do I get help?

Old 05-24-2014, 07:25 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
It was suggested above you see a proctologist. Have you done that?

Old 05-24-2014, 08:23 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I would begin to change the way I eat, for good. No more processed foods. Add fruits and vegetables and grains. Drink plenty of water. Try using dulcolax for right now until you can get your bowels moving correctly.

As much as I hate the prep for a colonoscopy, I have gotten like you are describing and it is very painful. Have you tried magnesium citrate?

magnesium citrate oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

If you use it, know that you must be at home that day to have access to the bathroom.

OP I think that is what I would do. Then when you are back to eating, eat right.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
It was suggested above you see a proctologist. Have you done that?
Proctologist is considered same as Gastroentrologist in NY and according to my insurance carrier GHI.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I would begin to change the way I eat, for good. No more processed foods. Add fruits and vegetables and grains. Drink plenty of water. Try using dulcolax for right now until you can get your bowels moving correctly.

As much as I hate the prep for a colonoscopy, I have gotten like you are describing and it is very painful. Have you tried magnesium citrate?

magnesium citrate oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

If you use it, know that you must be at home that day to have access to the bathroom.

OP I think that is what I would do. Then when you are back to eating, eat right.
I can't get the material out.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:05 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
I can't get the material out.
By material you mean feces? If you drink this stuff it is like the prep for a colonoscopy and it will get it out for you.

That is why I suggested it. You can buy it over the counter at the pharmacy. The link I provided talks about it.

While it is uncomfortable to have explosive bowel movements for an entire day, this product should clean your colon out.

I would use it in conjunction with dulcolax.

You said you eat jello, turkey and one other thing I can't remember, but you need to be eating fruits and vegetables and foods containing plenty of fiber.

I actually stopped eating gluten products (not saying you have to) and it made a world of difference. When I decide to eat pizza I pay the price.

Did you not do a prep for your colonscopy? If you had a colonoscopy and finished your prep, you would have an empty colon.

I think that is the most important thing. Maybe to start with a fresh slate. I would also only have clear fluids that day also.

Add more water to your diet. Prunes or prune juice.

My grandmother had this same issue and I got to be the one to help her.

Also if you consume a lot of caffeine, it also tends to cause more dehydration.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:27 PM

No, I've tried it and my feces backs up.

It's like your feces is in a room with an exit that's too small to get all of you out of the room.

Can you picture my problem now?

Old 05-24-2014, 03:31 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
I think this thread has run its course. Any colposcopy prep would have you clean as a whistle. I am beginning to suspect some kind of fetish. Closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness