Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:56 PM

3 posts, read 2,612 times

Advertisements

Thyroid conditions are definitely complex. I've had lab work done, but so far everything (T3, T4, TSH, and antibodies) has been normal or even optimal. I was intrigued by this thread, since it sounded like the OP's case was environmental in nature and, like her, I spend a considerable amount of time in an older building on a military base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 02:01 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Have you put this message on an environmental site before this..as Im checking out some stuff for you.. if it s not you then its someone with the same terrible problems.. you must be so worried, good luck ..Ill see what else I can find.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:42 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,935,359 times
My brother in law just passed from parkinson and thyroid cancer.He was 74 and on disability from Marine Corp.
It was admitted by VA it was caused by contamination at Paris Island where he spent time in the 50's.
I believe drinking water from contaminated soil.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
It's likely not a condition or disease if the OP sees an improvement and reversal of symptoms when living elsewhere.

There is no such thing as normal or safe levels of mold. Mold grows. And mold CAN cause hair loss.

A woman I knew years ago had a home that flooded and they cleaned it out but never addressed the mold. Her hair fell out until she only had patches, psoriasis of the scalp and arms, headaches, nausea and all kinds of symptoms. Oh, allergies began as well, and breathing problems doctors said were all related to the allergies, but were actually related to the mold.

Mold remediation is needed. It's expensive, so they're trying to avoid it by telling you there are safe levels of mold.

That's like saying a person has safe levels of cancer. Both spread!

Old 10-27-2016, 10:15 PM

3 posts, read 2,612 times
Thanks everyone for the replies. Dizzybint, I have also seen a few strikingly similar forum threads. I think the OP may have posted about this on several sites. DanBev, I am sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. It's sad to think what our veterans have been exposed to. MPowering1, I had no idea mold could cause hair loss. Maybe that is what's behind my situation. Did your friend recover/regain her hair? If so, how long did it take and was she able to stay in her home after mold remediation? Thanks for your help!

Old 10-28-2016, 04:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThinking4 View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. Dizzybint, I have also seen a few strikingly similar forum threads. I think the OP may have posted about this on several sites. DanBev, I am sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. It's sad to think what our veterans have been exposed to. MPowering1, I had no idea mold could cause hair loss. Maybe that is what's behind my situation. Did your friend recover/regain her hair? If so, how long did it take and was she able to stay in her home after mold remediation? Thanks for your help!
They finally had remediation done and they moved out of state, so we lost touch and I don't know what happened.

I would seek the advice of an Immunologist who is experienced with mold exposure.

I did find this blog that states hairloss caused by mold exposure can be reversed so that sounds hopeful.

Mold Remediation: Can Mold Cause Hair Loss?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness