Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 09:23 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
there are many different FUNGI SPECIES. Many many. How many? Many.
Something like 400!

For what it's worth, none of them can survive copper sulphate solution. Try soaking your feet in a strong solution, making sure it gets under the nails and see what happens. Don't swallow any of it - too much is poisonous but the tiniest amount is an essential element for good health. Plants behave the same way - not enough and they don't grow well but too much and they die. That's what you want to do to the fungi. Will you absorb any through the skin? Maybe but not a lethal dose. We used to treat our swimming pools with the stuff and we are still here to talk about it. Admittedly the concentration was much lower. At least you won't have to do regular tests to check for liver damage!

Quote:
Dude, your doctor is not God.
No they are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 08:45 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
The incidence of toenail fungus is on the rise in the United States. There seems to be a correlation with illnesses such as diabetes or high blood pressure. I know that poor circulation to the extremities is one causal factor.

Nail Fungus on the Rise in the U.S.

It seems that what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. But I suspect, as another poster mentioned, part of the problem lies in an imbalance within our bodies.

Also, the reason for nail fungus is found in nail salons who aren't properly cleaning their instruments or equipment~! Health inspectors are really tough and harsh when it comes to checking them out due to people picking up fungus there~!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
1. A drop of tea tree oil, rubbed into the cuticle, three times every day for a couple of weeks.
2. Wear cotton socks, do NOT wear shoes without socks.
3. Take your shoes off during breaks.
4. Make sure your shoes have either leather or mesh (or open-toe) uppers. No solid plastic/vinyl/fake leather.
5. Wash your feet every night, and make sure they're completely dry before you go to bed or put your socks back on.

Shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to clear up if you do all that. Once it's cleared up, you can skip the tea tree oil, but continue the rest to maintain and prevent another flare-up.

That's a good idea, "tea tree oil", but I was searching for other issues.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:50 PM

920 posts, read 931,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauricioCantos View Post
toe nail fungus is what I'm talking about, went to the doctor, he gave me something called ciclopirox topical solution, 8%..... used it for 2 weeks and nothing, used it for a month and nothing, after that I gave up, I'm supposed to use this for 6 freaking months I was told... yeah right, plus in order to use it you must remove the part of the nail where there is fungus, I can't because some of the fungus is on the corner of the nail and if I took that part off--- which is hard and can't then I would bleed... he said there are only 3 options-- lasers--- insurance doesn't cover it, pills---- can't take for health reasons, or this liquid which doesn't work, anyone know what I should do? any liquid medicine that works FASTER????
Melaleuca Tea Tree Oil works instantly. I buy their toothpaste and melaleuca oil. I am not a dealer for that company so just buy it from ebay from someone. Check prices, I dunno if this is the cheapest or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Melaleuca-Te...item463e0434ac

Old 07-16-2017, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
1. A drop of tea tree oil, rubbed into the cuticle, three times every day for a couple of weeks.
2. Wear cotton socks, do NOT wear shoes without socks.
3. Take your shoes off during breaks.
4. Make sure your shoes have either leather or mesh (or open-toe) uppers. No solid plastic/vinyl/fake leather.
5. Wash your feet every night, and make sure they're completely dry before you go to bed or put your socks back on.

Shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to clear up if you do all that. Once it's cleared up, you can skip the tea tree oil, but continue the rest to maintain and prevent another flare-up.
Can you recommend or suggest any good brands of tea tree oil. It is really confusing trying to distinguish between
all the different brands out there. Some have to be better than others! Thanks.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:32 PM

88,561 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Mine is gone. Doctor hit it with laser, oral meds, and Jublia. Laser has the best odds of the three, and that's only 70%.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:40 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,259,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Something like 400!

For what it's worth, none of them can survive copper sulphate solution. Try soaking your feet in a strong solution, making sure it gets under the nails and see what happens. Don't swallow any of it - too much is poisonous but the tiniest amount is an essential element for good health. Plants behave the same way - not enough and they don't grow well but too much and they die. That's what you want to do to the fungi. Will you absorb any through the skin? Maybe but not a lethal dose. We used to treat our swimming pools with the stuff and we are still here to talk about it. Admittedly the concentration was much lower. At least you won't have to do regular tests to check for liver damage!

No they are not.
I know this was posted some time ago, but I'm curious about the copper sulphate solution. Where to get it, how much to use, how to use it? I mean you're saying it works without doubt? Interesting...

Old 06-06-2021, 08:33 AM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
If it is a chronic and bad fungus that keeps coming back after
treatment.........permanent removal of the nail is a very effective.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:17 AM

599 posts, read 1,027,633 times
From what I have seen, removing the nail is the easiest and most effective treatment

Old 06-06-2021, 06:46 PM

533 posts, read 481,598 times
This is very helpful, following.

Old 06-08-2021, 08:46 PM

57 posts, read 63,733 times
I had very stubborn toenail fungus and terbinafine (lamisil) did the trick quite well.
It's oral medication.

Ask your doctor. It works wonders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness