Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 03:52 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times

Advertisements

Has anybody gone to Canada or Mexico, or some other country to get persciption medicine? I've heard its much cheaper south of the border. Any quality issues or concerns?

I may be south of the border soon and might try to pick up some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
I've ordered from Canadian Pharmacy Online - Canada Pharmacy - Discount Prescription Drugs - CanadaDrugs.com (with a prescription that I either faxed or scanned/emailed) many times. Fast service, no problems with quality at all.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:33 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Given my proximity to the other border its a trip I'm considering.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,002,221 times
Well, Google might have been fined, but I just pulled up my Canadian pharmacy. While they are asking people to contact their US representatives (and I did and got the old blah, blah, blah about how expensive research is) they are still up and running. It *is* perfectly legal to get these scripts with a Dr's Rx. In fact, I see my Dr. in two weeks and will ask him to write me another Rx. I have saved thousands of dollars this way. The pharmacy has been great, the drugs are high quality and work just as well. I have confidence in Canadian pharmacies but would be leery of Mexican ones.

Oh, I just noticed you said no Rx. Well, I'd never order a scheduled drug with no Rx. And because one of my drugs is, unfortunately a schedule 2, I can't get it up there. In fact, I have to go to his office every month and pick up the Rx.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:03 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,358,115 times
Default Safe Canadian Pharmacies

Does anyone know of an online Canadian pharmacy is NABP (Nat'l Assoc of Boards of Pharmacy) approved? Or one that you know for sure supplies safe and FDA approved prescription drugs?

Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
I have had friends that went to Mexico for their birth control pills. At $1.00 a pack you couldn't beat it. I was lucky at the time insurance covered it. They went for other perscriptions as well, but I personally was wary of it. There were never any problems though.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
I've been told by a pharmacist that the problem with Mexican drugs is that they might not have been stored properly, and allowed to exceed recommended storage temperatures, which can seriously affect their efficacy. Also some might have expired and been repackaged, or simply dispensed without the customer knowing the expiration date of the product. Otherwise, there is no reason to be concerned about the original quality of the drug.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Has anybody gone to Canada or Mexico, or some other country to get persciption medicine? I've heard its much cheaper south of the border. Any quality issues or concerns?

I may be south of the border soon and might try to pick up some.
yes, both placer are cheaper but our daughter got some anti-biotics in Mexico when we were on our last cuise, being they were the same as she had used in the past but they didn't work this time, she came to the conclusion they may have been old or something. I might not be concerned about something simple, but if it were a perscription that was very important to my health I think I would stick with what we have in our country. If I were going to go either place to get them, I think I would try Canada..

Nita

Old 05-01-2012, 07:20 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,411,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I've been told by a pharmacist that the problem with Mexican drugs is that they might not have been stored properly, and allowed to exceed recommended storage temperatures, which can seriously affect their efficacy. Also some might have expired and been repackaged, or simply dispensed without the customer knowing the expiration date of the product. Otherwise, there is no reason to be concerned about the original quality of the drug.

Newsflash---that can happen here, too!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,411,522 times
Funny story---

Many years ago I went with some friends to Mexico. At that time, you didn't need an RX for most meds, just ask for it! also, they didn't count out the pills even if you had an RX, just, say, if the doc prescribed 30 antibiotics, they just sold you the shelf pack, which could be 100+.

Ok, well, a guy in our group had a toothache. He went into a pharmacy, his Spanish was horrible. He knew me duele meant this hurts, but he wasn't up on his body parts. The movie, Jaws, was playing then. However, the movie was advertised as TIBURON which is Spanish for shark.

So, he goes into this little hole-in-the-wall pharmacy and announces Me duele el tiburon! Oh, geez, man that's tough, here take this---and sold him 200 percocet. I guess that took care of him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness