Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 10:43 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times

Advertisements

So Dr. Mercola tells you that regular bathing is not necessary and may actually be harmful and all those things you use in the bath may be hurting you also. He then conveniently has for you to purchase, at a much higher price, more potions for you to use in the bath.

I'm not quite sure if I smell a rat, or just some unwashed armpits.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:10 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I exercise vigorously 5 days a week, so I NEED that shower.

We have no fluoride in our water supply and we have an external water filter for all of our water.

People think they don't smell because they get used to their own sent. At least certain areas should get soap and water everyday.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-25-2016, 11:33 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Did anyone actually read the link in the original posting?

Here's some education on fluoridation.

Fluoride Action Network | Broadening Public Awareness on Fluoride.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:14 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

Yes, and their no showering experiment was not an experiment, but speculation on what may occur if you stop showering.

I don't believe in completely sanitizing my body everyday, but my body needs at least a rinse, and some soap on regular basis. I don't use deodorant every day, and go days between shampoos.

I feel gross (dirty) otherwise. I live in a tropical climate, which can make you feel like you need a shower after your shower....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-26-2016, 01:14 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Yes, it's true that "F" is naturally occurring but not the STUFF added to public waters...it's waste from aluminum and lead and fertilizer plants. There is no sweet spot for everyone who consumes public waters and foods irrigated with public waters. Everyone drinks various amounts of tap water and many do not drink any of it...but MOST drink tap water in the U.S.

It was meant for babies forming their teeth not for grown adults and their organs and joints.
You might want to consider reading a basic chemistry book.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:16 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
i must shower daily as i work in an office and live in south FL where the heat and humidity, especially this time of year are on like donkey kong...

Sweating is a fact of life here. I run about 3 miles a day after work and when I'm done my runs, I am drenched in sweat.. I look like I've just come out of the pool. Literally soaked. I could not in good conscious show up to work after having been sweating so much without showering.

In a perfect world, I'd reduce my showers, but I kinda can't. My hair and face gotta be on point for work. I gotta look "professional" and well maintained. Showered, shaved, productis in my hair, etc. Ugh. I do it, but deep down I would prefer to roll outta bed and just gp in to work.

Also, let's be honest, after a number 2....dont u all feel like a shower would be nice? I mean I could understand a day without a shower, but after taking a big dump, sometimes a shower is the only thing that can get u feeling all squeaky clean.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:52 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
I am inclined to believe that it is the overuse of soaps (and shampoos) that are deleterious to human health, not the water contact.

In many pre industrial societies, bathing and washing were much more prevalent than the conventional belief that our predecessors were filthy. The difference is that the costs and impracticality of full hot-water immersion made selective washing (groin, armpits, hands, face, and hair) in tepid water with far less soap was the norm, with hot baths reserved for special occasions or perhaps a weekly event. Additionally, 'sweat scraping' (whether with birch branches in a sauna or with olive oil and scapula in a Roman bath) served the need to clean the broader surfaces of the body in some societies.

Thus, the concept of the necessity of removing sweaty grime from the body is not new, and was never rare. The extensive and frequent use of chemical concoctions to strip away the body's natural oils in a hot bath or shower on a daily basis, is.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:56 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
Does jumping in the Cement Pond count as bathing?

Sometimes I'll just do that after a run.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:32 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:

Here's some education on fluoridation.

Fluoride Action Network | Broadening Public Awareness on Fluoride.
The original link was from Mercola.....not worth the time to read once the source was identified and the source does matter....

Here's some education on Mercola

"Mercola.com is a horrible chimera of tabloid journalism, late-night infomercials, and amateur pre-scientific medicine"
https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...-natural-news/

"In 2006, an article in Business Week concluded that he(Mercola) was "one of a fast-growing number of alternative-health practitioners who seek to capitalize on concerns about the conventional health care system—in his case relying on slick promotion, clever use of information, and scare tactics." The article described how his promotions included (a) promises of "free' to sell stuff; (a) lots of "bonuses," (c) reports of real news that link to marginally related products, and (d) exaggerated claims. [6]"
Dr. Joseph Mercola Ordered to Stop Illegal Claims

Joe Mercola: 15 years of promoting quackery – Respectful Insolence

"Mercola.com is the flagship for Joe Mercola’s online broad-based alternative health product marketing efforts for which Hoovers Dunn & Bradstreet estimates has $4.5 million in annual sales.[3] Mercola publishes daily risk-based attacks through heavily syndicated “news” blogs which are frequently then tied to his alternative “safe” product alternatives to either cure the ill or risk promoted in his commentary articles"
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.o...ti-gmo-groups/

Old 06-26-2016, 10:37 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Because your largest organ, your skin, is designed partly to allow impurities to seep out of your body, and it also makes oil, it's a good idea to keep your pores clean.

We have drought conditions here and we turn on water, get wet, turn off water, soap, then rinse. Or we go to the gym to work out and shower there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness