Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 01:25 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times

Advertisements

I've been monitoring BP since my 50's at least when BP started to elevate. I'm on 2 BP meds and a diuretic and still the spiking and not just white coat stuff.

I've been taking Ibuprofen for years before and after hip replacement, and also deal with bodywide OA so the NSAID has been my so called pal.

A D.O. I'm seeing now brought the ibuprofen to my attention and pushed me to get off it...and I'm off it almost a month and BP has normalized, normal for me anyway. It's NEVER low.

My go to pain med is Pain-RX 3 times per day and Arthritis Tylenol before bed. Gets me thru my days NOW.

And Feel so good about getting BP controlled. D.O. said I was a walking stroke to happen.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/alter...nhibitors.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 01:42 PM

106,661 posts, read 108,810,853 times
i had high blood pressure but starting doing a cardio routine and eventually built it up to running 5 miles every other day non stop .

now my blood pressure is normal and i am off all meds for diabetes ,pressure and lipitor .

the changes really did not take place until i upped the cardio routine to running . biking and all the other machines just didn't do it for me .

Old 08-27-2016, 01:46 PM

I did a lot of cardio BEFORE hip replacement mess and advanced OA.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:53 PM

106,661 posts, read 108,810,853 times
cardio means a lot of different things . i used the cardio machines at the gym religiously for 15 years . it wasn't until i escalated the demands on me by running on the tread that anything changed for the better .

all the other stuff just was not intense enough to do the trick .

Old 08-27-2016, 02:45 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,580,362 times
jaminhealth, that's an interesting health story pertaining to high blood pressure.

I have never heard of Pain-RX before so this took me by surprise. I just now looked it up to see what Pain-RX consists of - Cox2 inhibitors plus proprietary blend of herbs.

I had no idea that Cox 2 inhibitors were available on the market without a prescription and just over-the-counter.

I've had high blood pressure for decades and have always controlled it with medication.

I wonder about taking Pain RX which contains Cox2 inhibitors because 2 major prescription drugs which were classified as Cox 2 Inhibitors were taken off the market because they were deemed to have too high of a chance of causing heart attacks.

I will read your link - perhaps there is major difference between 'natural' Cox 2 inhibitors and chemical Cox 2 inhibitors.

I also was not particularly aware that ibuprofen could keep blood pressure high.
I take it daily for painful arthritis. Tylenol has never worked as well as Ibuprofen, plus Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory. Metoprolol Succinate ER and Lisinopril keep my blood pressure at normal numbers.

Last edited by matisse12; 08-27-2016 at 03:42 PM..

Old 08-27-2016, 02:56 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,580,362 times
The two prescription Cox 2 inhibitor drugs taken off the market due to dangers of taking it are: Vioxx and Bextra

Celebrex (the 3rd of the triad of Cox 2 inhibitor drugs) is still on the market, I think, but has been given a major warning.

I took Bextra and Celebrex for very brief periods a long time ago, but neither helped my severe arthritis.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:28 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
Another thing you can do that won't hurt you is up your potassium a bit. A lot of low sodium products replace sodium with potassium. Morton Lite Salt and low sodium V8 are two of them.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:56 PM

There is a major difference in the Cox 2 otc inhibitors and the pharma ones. I remember Vioxx when it came out and how quickly it was removed.

I considered Celebrex at a point, but due to cost, could not afford it. Good thing in retrospect...talk about more side effects.

The Pain-RX is another animal and so far so good, no side effects and helps calm my pain.

MSM powder in water three times per day calms pain and I'm taking it a long time.

I'm just so glad to be off the Nsaid, as doctor said I was a walking time bomb for stroke.

I have a good friend who went on high doses of Ibuprofen a couple yrs ago due to hip pain and she now believes it was the cause of afib to hit her last year. She's totally off too.

Then there is my daughter who got messed up on opioids at a horrible time in her life and when off them, got on ibuprofen and she's totally off now and believes it kept fluid build up in her body.

It's a vicious cycle with these drugs. Some we don't realize are doing so much harm.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:15 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
This worked for me the years I was on Prednisone off and on over a period of ten years which raised my normal low blood pressure to sky high. RX BP meds not only didn't work for me, they made me ill. Mukta Vati did not. It was recommended by a Natropath.

At one time the FDA tried to ban it from coming into the country giving only the reason it hadn't been tested but it had been used in Europe for decades. In all the many years I took it I never had a problem. My doctors were puzzled but agreed it was working so you can't argue with success.

Amazon carries it.

Natural Remedy For High Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure Herbal Cure

Old 08-27-2016, 04:55 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
There are lots of NSAIDS -- I take one called Etodolac... my doc says for long term daily use it's the one....for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness